Is it Possible to live with abnormal Anal canal

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Is it Possible to live with abnormal Anal canal

Postby bobasTic3 » 23 Jul 2013, 17:42

I may have all these problems
Fissure/Hemmoroids/NerveDamge/Muscle Damage down there because my bowel movements don't work well. i don't even feel a definite need to go to the bathroom. I've just taken myself to the bathroom in the morning and i do, but it takes concentration and it's not the same as it was when i was normal. i've had this thing near 2 months.
including deep pain and stuff.
I mean i'm living with it. But i miss when i used to do Bowel movements easy. I would just feel the urge and then i just go and it drops almost as soon as i went to the bathroom. Now, i no longer have that experience. Now i just have a vague sensation..and then i just go in the morning and try and do...i have to close my eyes and concentrate on being really relaxed...and eventually i feel something coming.
But then it stops but i know there's more.. so i have to again concentrate deeply to try to bring out more stuff.
and then i do enough and then i just calculate thatt that's the end of it so then i get up and walk out. Then i feel kinda weird sore. a new weird feeling i didn't used to have before.
ANd also the deep pains and stuff are scary. and painful.
Anyways, what i'm saying is this is abnormal. But at least i'm not dying and if i have to live with this forever, it sucks but at least can i live with it?
I'm gonna get checked for the deep pain (have dr appointment) and stuff which comes at random times and the bleeding on the toilet paper but
i don't know if the doctor will be able to get my Bowel System to how it was before.
Anyone out there with Sudden Experiences of losing their normal bowel movements and health? how do you adjust to accepting this new way of living?
Something that helps me so far is to remind me of how other people were also normal and then their life changed suddenly. Like wheel chair people and people with head traumas or spine injuries and paralysis, who used to be totally normal and now have to use catheters and stuff to go to the bathroom. And they keep living. So i gotta be strong like them and just keep living. i guess.
I'm male , 30+ year old.
bobasTic3
Salt Bather

Topics: 12

Re: Is it Possible to live with abnormal Anal canal

Postby Just 'Pain' Tired » 23 Jul 2013, 23:45

Well......I read your post because I know I'm not the same anatomically (and funciton wise) as I was pre-fissure.  But I did get enough evaluation to know what I've been dealing with (bad fissure and associated pathology).  I am months into healing (very slowly) and definitely know that the morning BM isn't as it used to be.  Interestingly, the first time I was pain-free after the fissure began (five weeks later) it seemed the whole BM thing returned to normal.  Then after I retore (and now it's five months later) I still haven't returned to normal BM even though pain levels are down to almost nothing.  I think if this continues to be so different for me I will seek other evaluation because I wouldn't want to live like this forever.  So, have you been in for an eval?  There is always a possibility of something worse than just the AF (that's hard to imagine!), and I just hope you will seek good assessment and care!
Just 'Pain' Tired
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 10

Postby Rachael 1984 » 24 Jul 2013, 00:26

Yes B, I think this is all part of AF hell. I find that since my AF issues I seem to have totally different BM sensations and after feelings. I have had Botox and all was relaxed so much that I can feel a difference back there now it is wearing off. I get weird throbbing and pressure, not sure if this is part of the healing, but my CRS has done an MRI scan to make sure. Get some proper assessment and care to set your mind at rest. I wish you well, and hope you can heal. Xxx
Hem Banding sept 2012
2Fissures
Nitro- Effective short term
April 2013-Botox-Effective short term
Diltazem-No effect, developed Rash
July 2014-Diagnosed High Resting Pressure
LIS performed on 17.9.14
Ongoing pain/re-tears. Awaiting pressure test results.
Rachael 1984

Topics: 26
Mood: Please heal!

Postby bobasTic3 » 25 Jul 2013, 16:57

I'm starting to worry. My total system is not working.
NOw i have no bowel movements. i dont feel the urge to go. and when i try to go it's really hard to bring any sensation of something coming out.
What's this about?
Am i gonna die or what?
i tried in the morning, and i didn't have any sensation of urge or any sensation of the feces coming out..
and managed to do just little tiny pieces.
Then i tried again at 3pm and same thing. i basically had nothing to give out..It's not that i have something and i sttruggle to bring it out.
That's constipation right? Wel
in me, there is nothing.. there is nothing that i feel near the anal opening.
Anyways, is this basically that i'm gonna die?
Or they gonna have to cut a whole in my stomach to have bowel movement through my stomach? That would suck.
i'm male age 30 something.
I used to be healthy just 2 months ago now i'm a total mess.
bobasTic3
Salt Bather

Postby Savaici » 25 Jul 2013, 17:40

Sorry you are going through this, and know that we understand your worry.
There is a lot of information on here for constipation, which it sounds as if you have. I would suggest that you go to the pharmacy and get some glycerine suppositories to help you have a bowel movement. 
In order to make some other suggestions, can you answer some questions?
1. How much water do you drink in a day? 
2. Do you have enough fiber in your diet?
3. Do you use a laxative like Miralax (which is best) or Milk of Magnesia?
4. Do you use a Sitz bath?
5. How much do you eat and what sort of a diet do you have?
You are NOT going to die of this. We have all experienced 
the pain of what you are going through, and worked on 
ways to limit this. There are so many stories on here written by people who have been in agony at times, including me.  I was in a bad way a few weeks ago, could not pass a BM and was in great pain. I used a glycerine suppository for children as I do not eat very much, and I sat on my Sitz bath filled with hot water until I had " the urge"!
I am sure others will have some suggestions, but in the meantime take the suggestion of using a suppository to heart. They work very quickly. Or speak to your GP, who will probably suggest the same thing. 
Also, use our great search facility, top right. You will find advice on just about everything to do with anal fissures if you just search.  
Try to relax!! Easier said than done, but do try. 
Savaici
Administrator

Topics: 222

Postby bobasTic3 » 25 Jul 2013, 18:48

Hello Thanks for answering.
you said you think i have constipation. But i heard that means hard stools and hard to pass. Well in my case i dont even have URGE to poo. I dont really have hard stools. When i've managed to poo they're soft cause i've been eating fiber.
1. Yes i drink plenty of water. maybe i need more. But i do do pee often, so that means i'm drinking plenty of water.
Well i drink milk in the morning 1 bowl. isn't that water too. Then some water gulps through the day. ( maybe 2 cups total)
Then cup of juice or milk or something lunch time. Isn't that count as water?
Then a couple more gulps water here and there from 1pm to 6pm. Then some big cup of water or juice.
Then maybe little more water later at night.
That's how much i drink.
2. Yes i eating fiber everyday alot. In the form of Bran cereal and brocoli and lettuce.
3. no i dont take laxative.i dont even know what those are although ive heard about it. I haven't really been seen by the Dr or anyone to tell me about this. appt is next month. i just saw a doctor and did finger test and Didn't see fissure visible from the outside. will check me next month wtih some siscosdoscopy or something.
4. No i dont use Sitz bath, i haven't been told about that cause i haven't been to Dr.
5. i have decent diet with vegetables and fruits and grains
Im afriad that my nerves and sphicnter are damaged and they don't work anymore cause i feel really weird stuff and i dont have the urge to go to the bathroom. i haven't really felt it al these days. I only made myself go to the bathroom in the morning these days, and i manage to do but I needed lot of concetration. cause i didn't feel like anything was even near the anus.
So i worry i may end up in adult diapers or meseed up forever unable to have normal bowel movements.
I HAVEN"T LEAKED FECES BUT Some GAS DOES ESCAPE on it's own wihtout me letting out gas. When i was normal i was able to control all the gas, if i didn't want it to escape i hold it. But now SOME Small Bubbles escape and i have no control of them.
Yeah i'm trying to relax. Good thing is i haven't had toooo much pain. I do have sudden Deep pains, but they're not that difficult to endure.
But this abnormal poo system , it making me feel really scared and depressed. Cause i used to have great relaxing poo sessions back when i was normal and now i'm messed up... It doesn't make sense.
bobasTic3
Salt Bather

Postby Savaici » 25 Jul 2013, 19:52

Water: at least 8 x 8oz glasses of water. Juice is good and add this in to the amount.
Milk: constipating, and grown men do not need it.
Laxative: you do not need to see a doctor for this. Get some Milk of Magnesia and take a small dose every evening and see if this helps.
Sitz bath: you don't need a doctor to tell you about this. They are available in a pharmacy. I just went in and bought one. They help to relax the muscle' soaking in warm water (especially the internal sphincter which you cannot relax yourself).
If you are scared, I do suggest you contact your doctor, and ask for something for anxiety.
Sorry you feel so bad. They did not find a fissure on me either when I had my sigmoidoscopy. A sore the size of a paper cut can sometimes be difficult to see.
Please at least try some of what is being suggested. This is what we do here. Help each other with suggestions.
Savaici
Administrator

Topics: 222

Postby bobasTic3 » 25 Jul 2013, 20:02

Thanks alot Savaici.
i will do all that.
Just now(6:40 pm.. I had tried at 7am and 10am and i had nothing but little tiny amount) i was finally able to do a poo that was good and now i feel empty in my intestines. feels good.   it was difficult to tell the poo to come down at first, but then it got bit better, and then at the end i suddenly got more flow.
i had some slight pains too. but they weren't that bad.
anyways, now i feel happier cause i feel empty now.
All day long i felt like i just wan'st empty and i kept feeling a vague sensation like i wanted to do but when i tested in the toilet, nothig would come out.
ANyways, i'll do your suggestions.
thanksS!!!
bobasTic3
Salt Bather

Postby Please go-away! » 25 Jul 2013, 20:43

dear Bobastic, Please take Savaici advice, "that you go to the pharmacy and get some glycerine suppositories to help you have a bowel movement."
It has helped me tremendously in the beginning, even if you feel that there is nothing there, I felt empty too..Image (it's good to have the suppository's on hand just in case)
I'm glad you emptied your self, that must be a relief.
Ya , Milk a no no, probiatic yogourt, you can try, if you like your  diary.  there is lactose free milk, but milk is milk, and is still constipating, and you don't have to have eaten alot to feel constipated.
Hope you see your Doctor soon.
Fissure fighter
Please go-away!
King Fissure

Topics: 15

Postby bobasTic3 » 26 Jul 2013, 12:41

Thanks Please go a way.
I'm finding that i have no urge but i just try to go alttiel after breakfast,, cause i have a vague feeling in my stomach.And i usually can't do much. and so i get up and that's it but i still feel like i may have stuff in there. And this bothering sensation in the stomach/intestines kinda like gasssy bloaty feeling.
So then i go little later like at 11am..again with no urge..but just go to try and see.
i tried breathing techniques and visualization and gradually i start feeling something coming down. and then i'm able to slowly bring stuff out. and finally i feel empty.
Yeah that's how i do my bowel movements now. That's sad but
oh well.
I dont understand why i don't have urge though.
Probably the feces is there but the nerve that tells my mind that i need to go, is not working for some reason..and then the muscle that pushes it out is also abnormal.
Some of you guys have family and wives and friends and support. I really don't have nothing so i'm just alone and these stuff gets into me Psychologically and almost can't stop thinking about it. but i'll try my best.
bobasTic3
Salt Bather