Success with Colorec Toilet Seat

Success with Colorec Toilet Seat

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Re: Success with Colorec Toilet Seat

Postby Now66 » 20 Nov 2013, 21:26

Hey, give it the old college try. What else are we engineers good for! Let us know how it works. Pictures are good, too.
Now66
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 15

Postby Scientist2516 » 20 Nov 2013, 22:25

I still support my anus with my hand if I'm afraid the BM is big and dry. It really does help. And I'm convinced it helps the colon to evacuate more completely. It just slides out so easily!
Nifedipine/lidocaine, no help
Diltiazem, effective, but caused major rash
Nitroglycerine, effective.
Topical estrogen for final healing.
Gentle heat to bottom - pain relief, muscle relaxant
Kondremul mineral oil
Time - lots of time.
Status - Healed!
Scientist2516

Topics: 16

Postby asdf123456 » 21 Nov 2013, 07:37

Hi again. I just pooped and I have to say I STRONGLY encourage everyone to give this a shot. I can't figure any downside, and I definitely felt improvement in my poop flow. Essentially, I took a baby spoon, about 6 inches long, and bent the stem a little bit so I could fit it into the crack between the toilet seat and the toilet lid. It holds up pretty well so far. It's too soon to guess how my pain will be for the day because that usually doesn't set in for an hour or so after I use the bathroom, but at the very least, my bowel movement was less stressful which is certainly an improvement.
asdf123456
VIP

Topics: 7

Postby owmybum » 21 Nov 2013, 11:56

Thanks for the update Richlen4. I'm really encouraged to read of your improvement.
Long may it continue!!

Omb
fissure after hem banding and tag removal feb 11
Pelvic floor therapy
Diltiazem
Botox June 13
Nitro
Internal flap July 14
EUA and polyps removed Nov 14
Diagnosed with neuropathy Jan 15
Diagnosed with HS EDS type 3 (causes poor wound healing )
owmybum

Topics: 42
Mood: UGH !

Postby RichLen4 » 22 Nov 2013, 08:24

Ouch Fibre addict. I think you can just use your finge/two fingers, no need for spoon and tape until you get the seat. As you "go" you can feel the sphincter and rectum flexing towards the Coccyx/back, put your finger below that and push in towards the front so the position is maintained as you go. That's all the seat is doing. It has a tongue that comes out. You back up to it so it's pressed in that spot under the coccyx and keeps it from moving.
RichLen4
Fibre Addict

Postby Still hoping » 25 Nov 2013, 20:55

Rich, glad to hear that you are having such good results! I got my colorec toilet seat two weeks ago and was so excited to try it out. My fissure started in March and had improved but the healing seemed stuck at a certain point. Unfortunately I ended up retearing the fissure by trying to use the seat. I don't want to discourage anyone from using the seat but just be careful with it! I lowered myself onto the seat and I think I should have backed into it, as you recommended. I wasn't quite positioned properly.

I have had good results since the retear by using my finger as support. It is easy to tell where my finger is and my pain went from a 6 down to about 0.5 in one week. I think posterior support is very helpful!
Still hoping
Salt Bather

Topics: 11

Postby asdf123456 » 26 Nov 2013, 07:44

I think I had a similar scenario "Still hoping". I have been using my finger to support, but I think I may have over-didi it a little bit and actually have been straining as a result. I think I have to get the positioning just right to be helpful without hindering the motion.
asdf123456
VIP

Postby jr2 » 26 Nov 2013, 21:42

I've wondered about this too. When using the toilet seat as instructed, how much pressure is the arm putting on the area? Using fingers for support, if you press too hard you kind of collapse down the rectum and the BM doesn't finish. But if the support isn't hard enough it doesn't do any good. Does the toilet seat give any guidance on how much pressure you're supposed to apply when you sit back against it?
jr2

Topics: 15

Postby RichLen4 » 28 Nov 2013, 11:12

No, it gives no guidance about the "right pressure", you just get used to how it's supposed to feel. It'l be interesting 6 months from now how I feel, but it's an improvement I can live with.
RichLen4
Fibre Addict

Postby RichLen4 » 14 Dec 2013, 15:42

Still making improvement with the seat. I'm short and found it I raised my posterior on the seat with an old "donut" I was high enough that the protruding part of the seat that holds the rectum and sphincter in place is right at/above the anus which words even better as there's absolutely no flexing at all. Today i went skiing and felt great.
RichLen4
Fibre Addict