Success with Colorec Toilet Seat

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Postby RichLen4 » 26 Oct 2013, 07:17

I've been on this forum many times. Had a THD hemoroidectomy, had a fissure, niphedipine took care of that but still have that same pain in the sphincter. Was told it was Levator Ani which no one can do much about. After 5 docs, I dug deep into research and came across something called a Colorec Toilet Seat. It puts pressure below the coccyx while having a BM keeping the sphincter and rectum from flexing in that 6 O' clock position. It sounded logical and I've tried everything else. I ordered it on ebay from the UK (not available in the US) but ahead of getting it thought I'd try an experiment and put pressure on that same spot when going. Just with my finger the difference was enormous. On the first day I noticed a difference and in about a week the pain reduced significantly! Now that I have the seat, it's continuing to get better every day. The seat takes some getting used to…and it wasn't cheap. I don't know yet if it's an actual cure for a fissure or other similar pain down there, I hope either the finger technique or seat can bring relief to people here.
RichLen4
Fibre Addict

Topics: 7

Re: Success with Colorec Toilet Seat

Postby owmybum » 26 Oct 2013, 07:53

That's really encouraging news Rich.... I tried supporting my coccyx for a while..... May start up again!!!

Keep us all posted wont you!

OMB x
fissure after hem banding and tag removal feb 11
Pelvic floor therapy
Diltiazem
Botox June 13
Nitro
Internal flap July 14
EUA and polyps removed Nov 14
Diagnosed with neuropathy Jan 15
Diagnosed with HS EDS type 3 (causes poor wound healing )
owmybum

Topics: 42
Mood: UGH !

Postby CanadaHell » 26 Oct 2013, 08:01

Hey Buddy! Can you share a photo or a link of this device?
CanadaHell
Salt Bather

Topics: 20

Postby SSK » 26 Oct 2013, 09:22

That's interesting.
I am 4 months out of my second LIS surgery and things don't look too good for me.
I have seen 2 doctors both of whom said that the fissure looks like it is healed from the outside but they will have to do an exam under anesthesia to see what's going on inside. Two possibilities were thrown out and me : first, the fissure hasn't healed in which case I'm screwed. Second, the fissure has healed and the muscle spasms (the doc hinted at levator ani) are causing the pain, in which case also I'm screwed. Totally at my wits end here.
RichLen4, could you share your symptoms of levator ani please? I read that it's more of a pressure feeling like a golf ball stuck up there. I don't feel any if that. Only severe pain.
SSK
Salt Bather

Topics: 6

Postby Now66 » 26 Oct 2013, 11:07

Now66
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 15

Postby RichLen4 » 26 Oct 2013, 12:06

Sure SSK. Levator Ani feels like a Charley Horse in the rectum. It also makes the rectum feel like there's something in there (some describe it like a ball). The muscle runs from the sphincter to the penis so it can feel like a fissure but when it's at it's worst that pain extends along the rectum sometimes right to the penis. I find BMs and sex/orgasm triggers bad episodes. Those pelvic muscles are all interconnected and rather complex. Seems diagnosis is by symptom. No one knows why people get this. My theory is for many it's trauma such as childbirth or in my case the number of issues I had down there including the surgery. I can feel it in some way most of the time. After the fissure healed (with diltiazem) I needed to continue using diltiazem because it does provide some relief. When I go off the diltiazem that's when I get bad cramping and an always full feeling in the rectum. I'm an avid cyclist and one doctor felt it was the breakdown of the nerves and muscles from the many years I spent sitting on a bike seat. I haven't been able to bike because of Levator Ani Syndrome as it aggravates it. Hoping this truly resolves it.
RichLen4
Fibre Addict

Postby SSK » 26 Oct 2013, 14:08

Thanks Rich. I am a woman so can't really say I have the same symptoms. But at the same time I don't feel anything stuck in there neither a feeling of fullness. Just throbbing and pain. God knows why I am such a difficult case. I am so torn about this exam because I feel like it will do more damage to any healing that has occurred. But without the exam, there is no way of knowing what's going on either. Such a frustrating condition this.
Good luck with this new seat. Wish you good health.
SSK
Salt Bather

Topics: 6

Postby RichLen4 » 26 Oct 2013, 15:26

SSK--if there's nothing visual inside/outside you could have any number of pelvic pain issues. It's an area that often times OB/GYN docs specialize in. Often times when women give birth they can stretch or tear those muscles. Physical therapist also deal with pelvic pain if it's related to the pelvic muscles/floor. I hope they figure it out and wish you the best. Just don't take "live with it" for an answer.

Try this link on amazon for books on Pelvic Pain: http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss? ... elvic+pain
RichLen4
Fibre Addict

Postby RichLen4 » 20 Nov 2013, 20:55

Update: After a month of using the seat I am MUCH improved. Before the seat I could map the pain after a BM…slight pain after, increases to pain on a 5-7 out of 10 scale 4 hours later and by night, 8 hours later subsides. Now 4 hours later I'm a 2-3, more uncomfortable then pain and on some days can ignore completely. Every week I'm a little better. I was also away for one week and was able to accomplish the same thing as the seat by pushing in under my coccyx during a BM so that the rectum doesn't flex into that 6 O'clock position. You really need to give it a good push, equally opposing the muscle, so it holds the un-flexed position. You can feel exactly where that is and with a little practice not need the $200 seat!
RichLen4
Fibre Addict

Postby asdf123456 » 20 Nov 2013, 21:00

So crazy I just discovered this thing online and signed on here to tell everyone about it, but it looks you all beat me to the task...Rich, I definitely plan on buying one ASAP, but as for tomorrow's poop, I crafted a similar device with an old spoon and some scotch tape (engineering major). Do you think I am putting my bottom in un-due risk or do think I should give it a shot? I am 2 months post LIS (failure), and about 15 months post hemorrhoidectomy, which has destroyed my life.
asdf123456
VIP