Just had botox- lots of straining

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Just had botox- lots of straining

Postby scubadooper2 » 22 Dec 2013, 11:16

So I had botox and two hemorrhoids banded less than 72 hours ago. I keep getting the urge to go to the bathroom. When I sit down my body naturally starts to push but very little has come out so far. I'm worried because it feels like I am straining too much. But its not like I am pushing consciously; my body is pushing all on its own.

Is this normal? Or do you think I am causing more harm than good?

I have tried having a BM while taking a sitz bath but the same thing occurs.
scubadooper2

Topics: 1

Re: Just had botox- lots of straining

Postby jr2 » 22 Dec 2013, 12:42

It's most likely due to the hemorrhoid banding. That feeling... the urge to have a bowel movement is pretty commonly described by people who have had banding done, and should ease up once the hemorrhoids and bands have come off. In the meantime, the warm water soaks and continuing to make sure you're keeping stools soft to avoid straining when you do have a BM are your best bets. If your doctor approved the use of any kind of pain medicine that could be helpful too.

Just curious. Do you have a fissure? Is that the reason for the Botox?
jr2

Topics: 15

Re: Just had botox- lots of straining

Postby scubadooper2 » 22 Dec 2013, 13:49

Thank you so much jr. This whole experience is a little scary so just hearing that what I'm feeling is normal and that there are people out there who support me is a huge relief.

Yes, I do have an anal fissure. I had a fissurectomy in March that was not 100% successful. Hoping the botox does the trick!

The good news is that I took a short walk about an hour ago and managed to have my largest and easiest BM yet!! The sitz baths definitely help so thanks for that advice as well!
scubadooper2

Topics: 1