WHAT TO USE AS A SOAP

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Re: WHAT TO USE AS A SOAP

Postby Fissulyna » 10 Nov 2007, 00:12

I LOVE yogurt and butter -milk too : )))> I was just afraid that they can be constipating since they are rich in Ca and protein , but so many members eat it without problems, I will start eating it too : )))) !
Thanks a lot Image
Fissulyna
VIP

Topics: 61

Postby val » 11 Nov 2007, 11:57

Hi fissulyna,
Igot that terrible itch about a week or so ago, and its everywhere "down there", just like yours. Gold Bond talc was recommended to me, but we don't have it in the UK, but I bought some clotrimidazole cream, which is called Canesten here, and it does calm it down a little. I'm pleased that it could be a healing itch, but it's UNBEARABLE at times, I know just how you feel.!
val
King Fissure

Topics: 86

Postby Fissulyna » 11 Nov 2007, 14:22

Oh thanks VAL for writing !!! I thought I was going nuts - I mean, I am almost. It itches like crazy everywhere like you said. I was worried because I thought that it would maybe itch just anal area if it is "healing itch", but this involves girl parts too - just MADDENING !!!!! I don't know how would be possible to combine talc and creams that I have to use (Nitro and Nefidipine). I bought some Miconasole cream - burns even more :(. My anus burns now when I apply Nitro 0.4, maybe it became allergic to it - well - that would be just "SWELL" #$%%$^%$%#!!!! I feel like going and somehow brake my spine so I don't feel anything from the waist down any more !!!!!!! I am so MAD today to the whole thing !!! Do you use any medical creams for fissures down there ? Does baths bother you - mine started to do that, heat makes me burn and itch more and that was the only way I controlled spasm pains down there! :(
Thank you again for writing Val !!!!! Image
Fissulyna
VIP

Postby Guest » 11 Nov 2007, 18:19

It does sound like you are having a reaction down there!
I don't know if this would be helpful but I remember once I had this unbearable itch down there (girls parts) and I kept buying Monistat over and over again thinking it was a yeast infection. When it didn't go away I went to the doctor's and she said I had a bacterial infection from killing all the yeast that the bacteria overgrew.

I see they have these home kits where you can see if what you have is yeast or something else. I think it is a pH kit.

I am sorry-I know that stinks on top of everyone else.

Hey, I got my period today too! We're twins!!! Image

Postby Fissulyna » 12 Nov 2007, 01:01

he heh, imagine Siamese twins connected with butts like ours , ahahahahah!!
Oh, at least we would be able to say our prayers together and hold each other hands while on the "double" loo ; )) Now I will try to get serious - maybe it would be better now to stop using cream and preventing end ng up like petri dish ; )!?! Today - is definitely one of the days when I wish ER has CRS on call - I would go for LIS now without second thought , did I say go - RUNNNNNNNNN!!!!!! It is 10:40 pm,
I had mine FIFTH BM of the day - my F I mean my fissure is acting up, all is on fire now - AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaaa..... I put Densitin baby cream on my girly part, Ca blocker on my butt part and against all the rules - steroid cream
on top of it just to see if it will itch more tomorrow - if it does than candida is having the time of her life >: ( !!!!! They LOVE cortison (steroid), so we will see. I am now my own "hamster". BTW, I lost hope of healing naturally - tomorrow I will start to look for couple of extra referrals - after this circus repeating every month I don't see how it will possibly change ?!? This month I tried to keep my BMs extra soft, mostly I succeeded (but thats why I went 5 times) and here we go again #%$@#@!!! I just took Ibuprofen too, I know my stomach will hurt but I have to try it hurts sooooo much. Now even heat doesn't help any more -actually since this itch started it makes it WORSE ??? Do you have any idea about that phenomenon ?
LOVE YOU my twin Sis :arwen:
Fissulyna
VIP

Postby val » 12 Nov 2007, 06:33

I wondered if I was sensitive to the diltiazem, when I started to get that itch, and, like you, I wondered why it was affecting girl parts and all over the area, not just where the fissure is. When I get in the bath, it makes me want to pour in boiling water, just to take the itch away! I thought that nothing would ever be as bad as the pain from the spasms when I first got this wretched thing, but this itch makes me want to run away from myself!!
Just a thought, maybe you're using too many creams?
I think Lecia may have a valid point though, that maybe we've killed off all the good bacteria. I've been bathing in savlon, which is an antiseptic, so it does sound right that its killed off everything. And doesn't heat make bacteria multiply?
I sit on a hot water bottle- I know I shouldn't really have it as hot because I've damaged the blood vessels in my bottom. It would actually be funny because my husband says I look like one of those monkeys in the zoo, with the big red bums!!
BTW, have you got a spray shower attachment? Try blasting it with coldish water, it helps momentarily!
val
King Fissure

Postby Deleted User 5 » 12 Nov 2007, 07:06

And of course, the LAST thing you want to do is scratch the itch, it makes it ten times worse...
Deleted User 5

Postby Guest » 12 Nov 2007, 08:44

I remember when I was pregnant I had such bad hemorrhoids that I was using 4 different creams to try to prevent the pain and itching that I had a terrible reaction that ended up with me needing to take a heavy duty steroid cream to clear it up. Plus I almost got frostbite on my bootie from applying too much ice.

I can't remember the kind of steroid the doctor prescribed but I remember it cleared the skin reaction up within a few days. I would have the doctor take a look and maybe do a culture and see what is going on.

I also remember having a bad reaction to diltiazem when I changed pharmacies. The other pharmacy used a different base and for some reason my bottom couldn't tolerate it.

Not to add to the list of things to apply but I have had good luck with aloe vera.

Postby Fissulyna » 12 Nov 2007, 14:35

Thank you all for your suggestions : ))) !!! Today I feel much better regarding the itch - I stopped using all of the pharmacy creams (I was instructed to use a ton of it > ; ( , and I put baby cream (combo of Zinc and aloe ) on the whole thing and pooffff - itch calmed down. I spent some time on the net last night and did some reading about anal itch and guess what - it is treated with vasoconstrictors - creams that SHRINK capillaries !!! So, since both Nitro and Nefidapne OPEN capillaries have opposite effect. That is why heat pad started irritating me - it also dilated my blood vessels !!!!! All in all, I will give my butt a rest from all other creams today and heat too. Yes, Val, that is why girly part was burning too - cream easily "travels" there too since proximity is like 1/2 inch and especially when you are instructed to put 1 inch long "poop" squeezed out of a tube. I mean, I can cover whole butt inside and out with that amount of cream !!!!! Anyway, today I am using only herbal creams and I will skip soaking and put some aloe in between : ) !!!! Fissure is injured during my period time as always, so no help for her with nitro today anyway :(.
And, don't worry KIM ; ), it is so painful at the same time, I wouldn't be able to scratch even if I wanted to. Sorry buddy that we can not celebrate "healing itch" yet - but one day WE WILL !!!!!
Thank you all again - what would I do without you :^?<: :[[[: :^?<: :arwen:
Fissulyna
VIP

Postby val » 12 Nov 2007, 15:05

I was thinking of trying live yoghurt. Isn't that supposed to put back good bacteria?
I was hoping mine was a healing itch too, I'm very unhappy now I know its the cream!!!
val
King Fissure