WHAT TO USE AS A SOAP

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

WHAT TO USE AS A SOAP

Postby Fissulyna » 09 Nov 2007, 15:13

Hey buddies : ),
I , of course, developed additional problem. For some reason I have itching "down there" , the whole area (anal and private parts). Sorry for sharing but I guess at this point I feel comfortable here with my friends to ask anything. It started yesterday, nothing visible by naked eye, no discharge of any kind. Skin is maybe little bit more red on some spots , but nothing significant. I never had any kind of infection down there, not even candida , so I don't know how it even look like. Since I am "chaste" ; ) for 3 months now - any other infection is out of question. Since I use 3-4 soaks a day in a tub, I was wondering could that cause irritation ? I do not add anything to the water - SHOULD I ? I use glycerin soap for washing but now it looks like it is bothering me :(. Actually any time I wash even just with water my skin starts to itch :(. I would HATE to go to the doctor for this - first they would not have a clue, second I almost get conniption now any time I see something white, not to mention "white coat" ; ).
ANY suggestion would be greatly appreciated since now that my butt is better whole day I have to deal with this itch _________ OH LORD _ have mercy on meeeeee Image
Fissulyna
VIP

Topics: 61

Re: WHAT TO USE AS A SOAP

Postby Deleted User 5 » 09 Nov 2007, 15:26

Fissulyna, your last sentence *may* be a clue as to why you are itching..

...greatly appreciated since now that my butt is better whole day I have to deal with this itch

Guess what, as our fissures heal, they start to itch. It's the healing itch!! And it can drive you bonkers!! I never had any itch until after my LIS, and then in about three weeks, I was going nuts!
Now, the itch is no guarantee you are healing, but it is an excellent sign.
One key to reducing the itch, is to keep the area as dry as possible. Many on this board have used blow dryers and other methods to dry themselves after a bath.
I used talcum powder, it helped me a lot.
I am sure others will be along soon with their suggestions.

Sorry for sharing but I guess at this point I feel comfortable here with my friends to ask anything.
But that's why we're here, for these type questions!! No need to apologize, you're a certified AFSF crony now!
Deleted User 5

Postby Guest » 09 Nov 2007, 17:01

I remember having some problems with irritation from the bathing itself. I think I was using too hot of water. Once I adjusted the temp it seemed to help.

Postby buttgirl » 09 Nov 2007, 17:21

Also, since you are soaking more than you used to, you may be developing a little more yeast in the area. You might try to spread a little clotrimazole or miconozole on the area.
buttgirl
King Fissure

Topics: 67

Postby Fissulyna » 09 Nov 2007, 18:15

Thank you guys for suggestions !!! Do you have any kind of favorite mild soap that you use down there? Do you use apsom salt while soaking ? I will try to use lesser temperature LECIA : ), and BUTTGIRL, , thanks for your tip about possible creams. Do you think I should try to use it on the "whole area" , or just girlie "part" since BOTH itch AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!
KIM, thank you for the beautiful thoughts about my possible " healing itch" - "from your lips to Gods ears" is what would my people say ; ) !!!!! I do dry my derier - I mean with me going 4 times poop - my electric and water bills went through the roof , ha ha ha !!! BUT, the problem is that not only my butt itch and stings :(, so something else is going on OR maybe BOTH ?!?!!!! : ))))) HAH, wouldn't that be grand - I mean regarding F. With the "other part" I will have serious talk with tonight...
Thank you all again XOXO Image :arwen:
Fissulyna
VIP

Postby Guest » 09 Nov 2007, 18:21

I use epsom salts when I think about it and have found that it does make a difference in healing and pain for me.

I don't use soap down there. I really never have-just water. I have a very sensitive constitution and the balance can get whacked out very easily for me. I do swear by probiotics everyday to keep the vaginal and rectal tracts populated with the right amount and balance of natural flora.

Postby Fissulyna » 09 Nov 2007, 18:47

Thank you Lecia for extra input :) !!!! I have to use soap to take away all those creams that I have to use so I can put fresh ones . HUMBUG ! What probiotics do you take ? Image
Fissulyna
VIP

Postby Guest » 09 Nov 2007, 19:57

I take Natrol biobeads which has a broad spectrum of acidophilis once a day.

Postby Fissulyna » 09 Nov 2007, 20:36

Where do you buy them ? :[[[:
Fissulyna
VIP

Postby Guest » 09 Nov 2007, 20:58

I order mine online from either www.drugstore.com or www.vitacost.com

I really think it helps with regularity too. If you eat yogurt with live cultures in it it should provide the same benefits, but I don't really like yogurt so this works well for me.