Stomach flu

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Stomach flu

Postby small_flower » 18 Nov 2007, 15:12

Hi everyone,
I know its been awhile since I have been here...being a graduate student is no picnic. Its constant work and constant stress.
Which I think has led me to where I am now.
I think I may be coming down with some sort of stomach flu, or at least have a touch of something. I have been going to the bathroom a lot lately, and it has really irritated everything down there. I wasn't home all weekend, I was at my boyfriends house, but he has sand paper for toilet paper, so that really didn't help. I soaked in the tub yesterday (which I hesitate to do, because he doesn't clean very much...eww) but I did that, I've been trying to drink a lot of water and everything...but my bum is very irritated. Any advice? Now that I am home I am back to using the moist wipes until this clears up.
Also, I had a pretty bad spasm yesterday, and thats really scary for me Image I don't know what to think. It just happened all of a sudden, and that is what lead me to soaking in the tub. I really need to get back on my fiber diet. I teach 3 days a week, and whenever I am at the school, I am so busy that I often skip right over lunch, which I know is not good for me. I am going to try to get back on the horse. In the meantime...
What do I do about my sore and irritated bum ?
also
Happy Thanksgiving.
:happ3:
xo
Kate
small_flower
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 62

Re: Stomach flu

Postby Deleted User 5 » 18 Nov 2007, 15:35

Maybe a little Aloe Vera gel? Eat more fiber, if you've been off that lately! The spasm is telling you something, for sure! You are in the same boat as the rest of us, we can't ever really go back to the good old days of eating like we want to!
Until you get over the stomach virus, or whatever it is, it may be a little rough, though. When I get those, I just eat less, but don't avoid going to the bathroom.
And just rest, get off your bum!!
Happy Thanksgiving to you, too!
Deleted User 5

Postby motherluch » 18 Nov 2007, 16:02

Try some Gold Bond powder...I swear by it...keep applying it throughtout the day and before bed, it really helps to keep the area dry instead of moist in my opinion. Hope it helps!
motherluch
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 25

Postby Guest » 18 Nov 2007, 16:08

Acidophilis is great to help replenish the friendly bacteria in the digestive tract to get everything back to normal after have a bug.

I like aloe vera for irritations too. I just pop open a capsule and put it on. It really helped my skin tag so I bet it can help with your irritation too.

Maybe if you get a chance you can share with the new members how you healed and that life does get better. I know many are in the same situation you were in and wondering if they will be a lifetime poster on the AFSF!

Thanks so much!

Postby Guest » 18 Nov 2007, 17:24

Kate,
You are right get back on a shcedule some how and I would keep soaking in the tub even if you feel ok. I have aloe vere gel and it seems to work for me as far as the stinging.
Good Luck
Patty

Postby small_flower » 18 Nov 2007, 18:52

thanks everyone. Excluding tomorrow, I have the whole week off. So, even though I'll be working my butt off as usual on school assignments, there's no rule against reading in the bathtub for awhile right?
I actually ended up in the tub again this evening and then drying myself very carefully. Then I put some vaseline on the whole area, and its made a world of difference. Lets just hope that this is a very quick passing bug.
xo
kate
small_flower
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 62

Postby buttgirl » 19 Nov 2007, 11:28

I also find that a dab of cortizone takes the inflammation right down for me.
buttgirl
King Fissure

Topics: 67

Postby Deleted User 5 » 19 Nov 2007, 11:33

I agree with BG, that used sparingly, a little bit of topical steroid can help, for the short term..
Deleted User 5