Postop: Fissurectomy and Botox

Aching pain

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Re: Postop: Fissurectomy and Botox

Postby Jbl22424 » 20 Jul 2014, 22:51

Interesting about the Motrin... after labor my doc prescribed 800mg of Motrin every eight hours. Had a rough recovery so I did that for six weeks and they said it was fine.
Developed fissure from constipation due to breastfeeding 7 weeks after delivery (Jan 2014)
Nifedepine
Colace
Magnesium
Miralax - godsend
Nitro - some improvement
LIS (May 2014) - cured for 3 months then setback
Diltiazem
Feeling better for now
Jbl22424
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 9

Postby Deleted User 3641 » 20 Jul 2014, 22:58

I actually took 600 mg when I thought it was 300. No wonder i felt relief. My wife remembers him saying I can take up to 800mg per day. So far still having hard small stool with extreme pain. Let's see what tomorrow brings.
Deleted User 3641

Postby Deleted User 3641 » 21 Jul 2014, 10:25

I pooped today!!!!! :) Finally. I was constipated for almost 4 days. Not sure what did it, but called the doctor's office first thing this morning and the nurse had me take Milk of Magnesia. It wasnt the most pleasant BM. Was more explosive probably due to a bunch of things. Last thing I did was use a Glyercin Suppository out of desperation. Maybe not such a great idea. Made sure i took valium and motrin before and after the BM with a few warm to hot sitz baths afterwards. Whew. Stings a bit but i can live with that. Gonna stay on Miralax for awhile.
Deleted User 3641

Postby Deleted User 3641 » 22 Jul 2014, 11:30

For others following this thread, the milk of magnesia definitely helped clear me out, but that coupled with miralax and colace was too much for my sensitive system. The end result was three trips to the bathroom with diarrhea and gas. Very painful. Two sitz baths back to back and a hot shower. Standing or sitting puts pressure on the cut so lying down was the only way towards relief. Spoke to the nurse and decided to jump back onto the pure psyllium husk bandwagon (Konsyl in fact) since that and colace controlled constipation and diarrhea prior to surgery. Just have to remember to drink at LEAST 3 lirers of water per day. Seems I have some leakage from the last BM, but my guess is the psyllium will help a lot to maintain a "cleaner" BM. Keep colace the stool softener handy when taking psyllium for the softest BMs.
Deleted User 3641

Postby Deleted User 3641 » 26 Jul 2014, 18:30

It has been over a week and I have been struggling when I swung from constipation to diarrhea and then hard stool today. I don't know if Motrin, Kefir, or bread caused it, but I have been brought to tears several times along with my wife watching me go through this. I simplified my diet to what I thought would work:
before breakfast - psyllium husk (3/4 teaspoon) first thing followed by fresh lemon juice.
breakfast- after about 15 minutes oatmeal with papaya and blueberries. 6oz of weak black tea and 10 ounces hot water with grated ginger.
snack: more papaya and berries
lunch: lentils and/or eggplant (indian style with ginger, garlic, turmeric, onions and tomatoes pureed).
snack: more fruit...afraid to eat apples or pears...they seemed fine before but my wound is very raw after 6 bouts of diarrhea in a day.
dinner - similar food as lunch

i am cutting out bread, rice, potatoes...

my very last BM was hard followed by a long softer BM... may be getting softer. not sure.

my water intake has increased and i am increasing colace to 400mg spread throughout the day. walking upright puts a lot of pressure on the wound since today's BM. I feel emptier, but I just want to avoid the shards of glass feeling again. feels like it's starting all over again. What seemed to help was drinking hot ginger water and massaging the anal area externally and a little internally with extra virgin coconut oil. i felt the muscle relax and relief almost immediately. gas passed soon afterwards. i wear depends now just as a precaution from botox and so i can liberally apply coconut oil without fear of it seeping through my clothing.

please let me know if i am on the right track here. i am very sensitive to miralax but will replace psyllium with it in small doses if it means less pain.

thanks
Deleted User 3641