Anyone with same experience / any suggestions ?

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Anyone with same experience / any suggestions ?

Postby Bliss » 15 Jan 2008, 14:44

My background
Have suffered with superficial anal fissues on & off since childhood (maybe twice a year) - always healed within a week or so
Bad problems began Aug '07 - fissure that was very painful on every BM, quite a bit of bleeding & then a spasm that gradually increased during the day.
Tried usual home healing regime but no improvement, eventually went to DRs in Oct was prescribed GTN which I used for 8 weeks. (He said I has 2 fissures 12 & 6 o'clock)
Gradual improvement, bleeding & pain on BM stopped within 1st 2 weeks but spasm continued. (PS no headache side effect!)
By this time I think I was developing a sensitivity to the cream as I had really red & inflammed skin visible around my anus.
Went back to DRs he prescribed lindocain/hyrdocortisone for the inflammation. I used this for a couple of weeks but was worried about skin thinning.
Anyway looking back I've now found a pattern to what is happening to me.
I have this spasm which progressively worsens throughout the day (although this is now slight discomfort not painkiller popping agony it was originally)
I'm trying to maintain bulky soft stools with fibre suplement (as this seems to held stretch out the spasm) I'm very regular - once a day within half an hour of waking !
But every month (at my period) a have a BM which doen't seem any harder than usual but I can feel everthing split (like an elastic band breaking).
I'm now an expert in examining myself in the mirror & when this happens it's always the same pattern - what looks like a graze oozing droplets of blood between 11 & 1 o'clock & 2 fissures at 5 & 6 o'clock.
I assume I've now just got really weak skin there from repeated splitting. These fissures are very superficial & will heal within a couple of days but the spasm goes on.
Have gien up on all prescribed creams as my skin is so sensitive but am using aloe gel & a product called Hemoclin gel which is natural aloe based designed for internal use.
Anyone any ideas ?
Bliss
Fibre Addict

Topics: 7

Re: Anyone with same experience / any suggestions ?

Postby val » 15 Jan 2008, 15:30

I found that hot baths and valium-not at the same time!!!-helped a lot with the spasms, and sitting on a hot water bottle all day helped too.
val
King Fissure

Topics: 86

Postby Deleted User 5 » 15 Jan 2008, 15:44

The fact that you are regular and the spasms are lessening is a good sign.
I'm sorry you can't use the creams, the nefedipine or diltiazem really help a lot! The nitro cream can help, too.
Don't over-do the fiber, get enough but not more than the RDA...
If possible, get in as many hot soaking baths as possible everyday. It is the one thing that wil bring blood to the fissure and help it to help, not to mention how soothing it can be...
Maybe try to eat less during your period? I found that when I had a small stool volume it made a huge diffference...but of course, never put off going to the loo!
Deleted User 5

Postby happyass » 16 Jan 2008, 09:19

i never got rx the creams but i had really bad pain and recurrent bleeding with some spasming close to 4 years.
what helped me the most as a final alternative is switching to a macro diet along with aloe vera juice, flax seed oil, squatting, using baby wipes as needed, and chinese herbs to get me stable.
of course fiber played a big role in this but i noticed that things got better when i switched from hard cereal with cold milk/soy ito much softer, cooked warm/hot oatmeal without sweetners.
happyass
King Fissure

Topics: 74