Itching

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Re: Itching

Postby Deleted User 5 » 16 Jan 2008, 17:59

Kim, I was thinkig the same thing. Between baby wipes, aloe vera gel and cocoa butter my butt is practically drowning. But then again all are quite necessary for us anal fissure sufferers.
I used regular old talcum powder for my horrible itch, to dry the area. Others have used hair dryers and such!
Deleted User 5

Postby Fissulyna » 16 Jan 2008, 22:46

JUNEY - thanks so much for the info ! I think I will definitely go for skin tag removal as soon as I heal ! I just have to find somebody competent and willing to do it : ( ... (sigh)
KIM - thanks for suggestion : ) - I would just add that girls should be careful with talcum since some studies suggest that it can cause ovarian cancer. Maybe baby powder with corn-starch could be an alternative.
XOXOOOO to all
Fissulyna
VIP

Topics: 61

Postby val » 17 Jan 2008, 05:41

Hi Fis,
yes I had the tag removed and had stitches in it. I haven't actually looked at it yet because I am WAY squeamish and I would faint-that is just so daft but sadly, very true! It hurt a lot when I first had it done, but I was sooooo glad that they got rid of the damn thing because it used to swell up and be really painful, I think you would be very thankful if they cut it off, what a shame they didn't do it when you had the LIS.
val
King Fissure

Topics: 86

Postby Guest » 17 Jan 2008, 17:51

When I went to my CRS for a LIS post-up, I told him my butt itched so much I wish I was a dog so I could drag my butt across the floor. He gave me a bunch of samples of Calmoseptine ointment, which is a combination of menthol and zinc. It cools the area so it takes care of the burning and the itch. Your pharmacist will need to order it.
It truly helps me function, because I know within 5 minutes of having a BM I am running around looking for the ointment.
Someone said try unprocessed Shea Butter, but I am so happy with my ointment, why mess with it?

Postby mypoopyhurtsme » 17 Jan 2008, 20:16

I agree with Caroline about the calmoseptine. I get major itches outside around the anal area, and calmoseptine has helped a bit. It hasn't eliminated it completely, but keeps it under control. At least more than anything else has. I use it twice a day, once after i bm and shower in the morning (i blow dry my butt dry then put it on) and once before i go to sleep.
i still get itchy at night, and usually wake myself up every single night because i'm scratching down there. i have a skin condition (seborhea) that might be the main cause...rather than the fissure...i've tried cocoa butter, baby powder, cortisone, gold bond powder, but none work as good as calmoseptine for me...
i ordered it through a pharmacy...cvs, if i recall correctly...
http://calmoseptine.com/
mypoopyhurtsme
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 21

Postby Fissulyna » 17 Jan 2008, 22:48

Thanks Caroline and Steve : )))), what a wonderful new info we have now : ))) !!!! I am sure many will get some relief thanks to you
two. I will definitely try it !
VAL - you are sweet as always xoxo !!! Somebody would have to put me in "crazy shirt" to prevent me looking ; ))) , LOL ! But, it does not really matter actually how it looks ; ), nice to now that it does not hurt tremendously. Juney and Caroline also said so and I feel now confident enough to ask for "make over" of my opening, he he ; ).
Yes, shame that he did not take at least one of them off, just yesterday before I got to my bed I asked God to give him a nasty
skin tag on the tip of his nose !!!!!
Not very "spiritual" gesture from me, I know, but ....he deserves it !!! Image
Fissulyna
VIP

Postby val » 18 Jan 2008, 06:04

Thats a very good idea Fis, because if everyones wishes came true, and all the CRS's that had f*@##d up had their patients ailments on their nose, we would all know who to avoid!!Hehehe!
val
King Fissure

Topics: 86

Postby buttgirl » 18 Jan 2008, 11:10

Fiss, You are hilarious and so practical. I really think my old surgeon needs a few things on his nose--an infected wound, a skin tag, an abscess, oh and he needs something jammed mercilessly up there too...How's that for a warning sign??
buttgirl
King Fissure

Topics: 67

Postby Fissulyna » 18 Jan 2008, 16:40

he he heeeee - we are becoming nasty little witches ; ))) !!! BUT- they asked for it !!!!! Ha ha ha
LOVE YOU GIRLS xoxoooooo......
Fissulyna
VIP