Stomach flu, food poisoning etc....

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Stomach flu, food poisoning etc....

Postby motherluch » 24 Jan 2008, 18:44

Hi everyone,
Glad to see many of you are healing and feeling a little better each and every day.
My question is, what would or have you done if you get hit with the stomach bug or a case of food poisoning that causes vomiting and diarrhea?? I am wondering since I have been avoiding my kid's schools like the plague, since the stomach bug is going around like crazy and I am so worried about getting it and what it would do to my healing bottom! I know I would be so scared to deal with the diarrhea, but I wouldn't dare take anything to stop it for fear of becoming impacted like I have in the past from just 1 small pepto bismal tablet which is what put me in this awful situation in the first place. So...just wondering what you all think!
Thanks!!
motherluch
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 25

Re: Stomach flu, food poisoning etc....

Postby happyass » 24 Jan 2008, 21:03

i welcome the do...the runny chocolate....the crap puddles......
i remember i had the runs for a while late last year and it was for a while, and it was a really great thing for my bum!
:-)
happyass
King Fissure

Topics: 74

Postby Guest » 25 Jan 2008, 10:05

Hey ML,

If I am worried about something throwing my stomach off I make sure to take probiotics. It really helps to keep things in balance. Hopefully you won't get whatever is going around. That is the last thing you need!

Postby buttgirl » 25 Jan 2008, 10:27

probiotics are good. I always take echinacea when I am worried I'm getting something. And i wash my hands a lot.
Last edited by Anonymous on 25 Jan 2008, 10:34, edited 1 time in total.
buttgirl
King Fissure

Topics: 67

Postby motherluch » 25 Jan 2008, 10:28

which probiotics do you all take? I have been looking into adding one to my daily regime, but am unsure which one is the best.
motherluch
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby buttgirl » 25 Jan 2008, 10:33

I take either jarrowdophilus or VSL#3. I'm trying the VSL#3 now becaue it is supposed to be super strong and good. I don't notice a difference between the two though.
buttgirl
King Fissure

Postby val » 25 Jan 2008, 10:41

Chris, where do you get all your stuff from? The shops here just dont seem to stock anything like it! They never even heard of it!
val
King Fissure

Topics: 86

Postby buttgirl » 25 Jan 2008, 10:48

I get the jarrowdophilus from the health food store and the VSL#3 I order online. You could probably find the jarrow at http://www.vitamincottage.com/ but the VSL3 is avaiable at its own website https://shop.sigmatau.com/VSL3/defaultsths.asp
I've also heard that Garden of life's primal defense is a good one. I haven't tried it though, but it's next one my list. It is also at vitamin cottage.
buttgirl
King Fissure

Postby Guest » 25 Jan 2008, 16:42

I just use the Natrol Biobeads and there is acidophilis in the Digestive Advantage capsules that I take. I am thinking of expanding the field though to have a wide spectrum so I might try one that BG recommended.

Do you guys spend as much as I do on supplements? I would bet you I spend close to $200 a month. I may cut back on some things after I heal though. I am hoping I won't need all these hemorrhoid herbs.

Postby motherluch » 25 Jan 2008, 17:09

I literally only take the Natural Calm, and that is it!! I just eat a very boring diet, essentially eating the same things over and over again. I can't wait until I have a little more time under my belt so I can add some tomatoe sauce to my diet, I want spaghetti and meatballs...I am Italian after all!!
motherluch
Proctosphincteranalogist