POLL ON HEALING!!

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

What helped you HEAL?

Surgery
21%
Botox
7%
Diltiazam, etc
22%
Self-Dilation
3%
Medical dilation (SAD, etc)
No votes
Something else
30%
None of the above
18%

Total votes : 151

Re: POLL ON HEALING!!

Postby Smithalexiss2003 » 11 May 2017, 20:36

I had a chronic fissure for 8 months and spent many hours on this site looking for suggestions. I tried everything. Finally my colorectal surgeon said it didn't look like it would heal without surgery. I scheduled it and felt a sense of relief.

Here's what worked for me and led to me canceling surgery:

1. I realized it developed mostly because of chronic stress. This fissure wasnt the only ailment that had developed this last year. I began making major changes regarding a stressful situation in life and started a nightly practice of journaling and meditating. I ended something that was taking a toll on me mentally.

2. I was tested at my physical and I learned I had a vitamin d deficiency and took a supplement.

3. I began using Calmoseptine ointment After a BM I would put it up on the fissure. Finally I found something that helped! That stuff is amazing!!! Definetly my number one recommendation (besides reducing stress).

4. I added benefiber to my water every morning to keep me regular and avoid hard BMs.

I ended up cancelling my surgery because I'd improved so much. I'm now almost 100% healed. I've waited a few months before posting this to make sure.

Those were the things I did before healing. I beliveve the stress was keeping it from healing but that Calmoseptine ointment was a huge factor in healing.

I hope this helps someone. Otherwise, find a reputable colorectal surgeon and have the surgery.

Prior to this,I'd tried the cream the doctor gives you to stop the spasms (2x), wheatgrass, other oils on Amazon, heating pads, baths, sitz... some helped but nothing worked.

I can't believe I dealt with the fissure pain for so long
Smithalexiss2003

Postby missy moo » 28 Jun 2017, 00:00

I'd like to see the difference between diltiazem an nifedipine?
missy moo
King Fissure

Topics: 37

Postby beckyvp » 29 Aug 2017, 10:01

I use diltiazem it seems to be working, however if I eat spicy food, drink alcohol in access or don't use my stool softeners regularly I still have a little bleeding and pain (imagine that)
beckyvp
Fibre Addict

Topics: 4

Postby missy moo » 29 Aug 2017, 16:33

Diltiazem cream is working for me too
missy moo
King Fissure

Postby spin_cycle » 20 Jan 2018, 22:10

I try to stop masturbating until the fissure heals! This is one point that I haven't noticed on the forums, and has been crucial in my recovery. I've noticed that (male) masturbating always delays my healing by a few days. During the ejaculation, I've felt that my sphincter contracts violently and hurts the entire rectal opening including any fissures. The next morning, my poop almost always requires more straining.
So, for all the guys, just keep in control until the fissure heals!
spin_cycle

Postby Coffee » 03 Feb 2018, 23:21

I've tried all the creams, stool softeners, fibre supplements, fibre rich foods etc etc etc. But these days whenever I get a flare up, I just overload on prunes - 10 or so in a go in the evening and by the morning everything comes out. I keep this up for a few days till I'm better.
Coffee

Postby Marko » 16 Feb 2018, 03:20

I have fissure 5 Years, when my fissure appears I am falling in depression..i have also hemoroids, last week i Have Large hard stool and my anus explode, fissure appears and blood and hemoroids activate and start to bleeding..always i think that i am going to die.. :(
Marko
Salt Bather

Postby missy moo » 16 Feb 2018, 03:25

Marko go and see a doctor he can get you on the right path you need to use a stool softener
missy moo
King Fissure

Postby Marko » 16 Feb 2018, 05:31

Can we use some witamins that they have impact on anus to improve him?
Marko
Salt Bather

Postby missy moo » 16 Feb 2018, 06:07

People say there's different vitamins that's help but the main thing is lots of water slowly increase fiber rich foods or fiber powder like Metamucil you need to keep stools soft a stool softener will help with this also sitting in a hot bath hip depth 3 times a day if you can really helps relax things down there all these things are the first things you do to fix the problem if that doesn't work after a 2 weeks get a cream called diltiazem from your doctor and apply it three times a day but continue with the water fiber etc there's no one magic pill I've looked for 4 years an tried many things. Try the above then go to your doctor. Good luck
missy moo
King Fissure