Botox - 5 Week Check Up

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Botox - 5 Week Check Up

Postby mypoopyhurtsme » 20 Feb 2008, 20:21

I had my first botox shot 5 weeks ago, and I went in for my check-up yesterday. The good news is that my doctor said there appeared to be some healing. The bad news is that there's a second fissure. C'est la vie.
The appearance of a second fissure makes me think that conditions down there are making me prone to these things, so unless I figure out how to deal with the actual cause, I'll just have to suck it up and deal with AF indefinitely. Unfortunately, I've spent the last 8 months experimenting with various diets and supplements to attack the actual cause, but I have found no logical and consistent correlation between what I ingest and what I poop. Oh well.
I would also like to note that this morning I had perhaps the largest diameter crap in the history of mankind. Fiss, if this were the Ass Olympics, I would have won a gold medal for this log (i think it was you who came up with the ass olympics, right?). I've actually been having a lot of big poos lately. Don't know why. I told my doc, and she prescribed me a mild laxative so we'll see how that works (kristalose). I certainly won't take it indefinitely, but maybe it'll get rid of these gargantuan poos and give me a chance to heal.
Hope you're all doing well!
steve
mypoopyhurtsme
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 21

Re: Botox - 5 Week Check Up

Postby Guest » 21 Feb 2008, 10:12

Gosh, Steve, I know it is great that the other fissure is healing nicely but good grief, you have another one? Can you feel it? Did you know it was there or was it discovered upon examination only? It does make me wonder too if there is some underlying weakness of condition that is making you prone to this. You do everything in your power to keep your bms manageable.
I know right now I have an incision that burst open and have been bleeding and have basically had to give myself diarrhea to stop it, because no matter how soft it was, it still scratched it coming out. Yeah you need to somehow reduce the enormity of your stools. Let me know how the kristalose works. Is it only available by prescription? I am too the point where I have to have them so loose that it is hardly an effort for them to come out. I hope I can discontinue this practice before too long but it is the only thing that seems to be helping with the healing.

I don't think you will always have this problem. You may need to do a second round of botox? Were you still thinking about the dilation method? I have seriously thought about a colostomy at times. You can just get so exhausted trying to manage this thing.

Thanks for checking in. Did you paint that picture that you have as your avatar? I have always meant to ask.

Postby Fissulyna » 21 Feb 2008, 13:13

Hi Steve : ) !
Yes, it was me who suggested Ass Olympics LOL : ), well, what can I say - we all discovered our hidden and "special" talents while dealing with fissures and such !
Regarding poop size, I can tell you that in my case it depended on the constriction of the internal sphincter . When it was in a spasm my poop was pencil thin. On days when it was in less spasm it was about an inch. Now that I had LIS and my sphincter is extra relaxed my poop is 1.5 inch - much wider than it was ever been. I almost got upset about it because my poop lost it's feminine side LOL, I imagine some construction worker having poop like that, but than decided that I am getting REALLY silly there and I turn blind eye on my poop now !
In your case, unfortunately, big is not only unsightly but also painful : (((, and I am soooo sorry to hear that you also got another fissure - just not fair : ( !!!! I hope it does not hurt much : (. On what position is your second fissure? I read many times that as long as the fissures are on typical 6 and 12 o'clock position and look like cuts and not ulcers - they probably are just regular fissures without serious underlying condition. But, you might want to do some tests if that question is bothering you.
I hope your pain will go away soon : ( and that poop will get slimmer with laxatives !!!
Fissulyna
VIP

Topics: 61

Postby Guest » 21 Feb 2008, 14:28

Great that your original fissure is healing, but sorry to hear you got another :(
Good luck with the laxative, hope it helps!
It does seem that some people are more prone to this kind of stuff, so unfair. Hope your healing continues and your new one decides to play nicely :)

Postby Guest » 21 Feb 2008, 14:59

Steve,
Sorry tp hear you have another one. That is just awful. You must be very frustrated. I can relate to the gigantic poos and from experience they are the culprits (along with the hard ones). Too bad though b/c I was always a woman who shat like a construction worker and I was very proud of it. I myself have had to take mild laxatives a lot lately just so that things slide right out and I'm not in severe pain. Needless to say I've lost weight (not the healthy way) and energy! I hope you feel better soon.

Postby mypoopyhurtsme » 21 Feb 2008, 17:45

Hey, everyone. Thanks for the words of encouragement.
Lecia...I had actually suspected I had a second fissure a few months ago when I noticed bleeding on the other side of my stool, but my doctor never mentioned anything so i didn't think anything of it. Then she pointed it out at my checkup. Honestly, I can't really distinguish the pain of one from the other -- the pain has always varied anyway. And it doesn't hurt too bad...usually just during BM. Yeah, kristalose is available only by prescription. It's a very mild laxative and from what I've read, it can be used for extended periods of time without a problem. I started taking it yesterday and today I had much, much, much better poos than the previous few days. So I'm optimistic. Colace really stopped doing anything for me. I even took like 800mg one day...and the next day, my poo was big and hard.
Very sorry to hear about the bleeding/pain from your burst incision. That sounds rough. Hope you feel better soon. I would definitely still do another round of botox if my doc thinks it'll help (she'll let me know at my next checkup)...yeah, still considering dilation, but since i'm not in major pain at the moment, i'm going to wait and see how the botox/kristalose work out. I actually think the botox may be helping with post-BM pain and the intermittent discomfort i used to feel throughout the day... Oh, and I wish I painted that picture...it's actually a van gogh...i love his boat paintings.
Hey, Fiss, my second Af is in the 6 o'clock -- it's smaller too. So I guess that's good news.
Hey, luxdunst...you know, surprisingly I'm actually not that frustrated. maybe because i'm still relaxed from my vacay...or maybe because i just had a really good date myself...
mypoopyhurtsme
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 21

Postby Guest » 21 Feb 2008, 19:17

Hey Steve,

Sorry to hear about your pain. But I can relate to the Godzilla size poos. Where does it all come from? I also tried to figure out the relation of my poos to what I eat. The only thing i came up with is if I eat less I had small poos. If I eat more here comes the Lincoln Logs no matter what I was I ate. Go figure. I hope you feel better soon and you don't have alot of pain with the second fissure.

Patty

Postby buttgirl » 22 Feb 2008, 11:23

I notice that the super poos are actually a form of constipation for me, and they caused some havoc back in Sept. I'm best with marker sized poos. Those tend to come out the easiest and do the least bit of damage.
buttgirl
King Fissure

Topics: 67

Postby juney » 22 Feb 2008, 12:37

BG - i think "marker sized" is my best too. that's such a good analogy. when i've had formed BMs recently, they've been about that size and have caused no pain or further damage. anything bigger than that and it definitely hurts coming out and afterwards.
juney
King Fissure

Topics: 36

Postby happyass » 02 Mar 2008, 16:28

hey poopy,
where did you go for vacation?
just keep up your good work and here's hoping that this new fissure won't give you as much trouble as the first one.
ass olympics....maybe we should have a special forum for that! hehehehehe....
happyass
King Fissure

Topics: 74