hard lump inside buttcheek near canal

post LIS is it abscess

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

hard lump inside buttcheek near canal

Postby caf1988 » 27 Jun 2016, 23:17

* also posted on fistula board but I wanted to see if anyone recovering has had this and if it resolved by itself?
what are complications of undrained abscess?

anyone who has had LIS input appreciated!
I had LIS 2 months ago. The fissure healed nicely and the incision seemed to be healing nicely ~ but I then had increased discharge and pain at the incision suddenly 3 weeks after surgery. This happened after a hard BM and during severe menstrual cramps. The CRS examined me said it could just be some infection - no fistula or abscess, I took antibiotics, it went away. I have been OK since then and the pain in the actual incision site is low. However, the incision site is still slightly swollen and generally sore (not burning, etc) like muscle soreness. Digital rectal examination is no longer painful, but something I've been feeling is a deep lump inside my buttcheek. I have no fever, malaise, I don't feel sick. The lump only hurts if I sit weird or massage deep into the buttcheek - side of my incision. It is like hardness under my buttcheek but the skin isn't raised or red or sensitive or anything. if i press down I feel a hard ball like thing, but this is all inside. It is how I would imagine a tumor to feel. I doubt it is a tumor. Is it an abscess? The surgeon still didn't see anything or feel anything. He said there is a small chance and to shut me up my MRI is in 2 days. However, after reading about abscess and fistula, I don't even want the surgery. It doesn't really hurt at all. Can't I just leave it? Will leaving it for a while kill me? My insurance only is in state and I am trying to move out of state. I can't take off anymore work for more surgery. please help - is this an abscess, hard muscle or scar tissue? are abscesses fatal?
has anyone just left one be?
caf1988
Salt Bather

Topics: 10

Re: hard lump inside buttcheek near canal

Postby Skiponzo » 28 Jun 2016, 09:41

I have not had an abscess but I did have a small lump similar to what you are describing. Mine was located near the canal and right where the surgery site is located. It was there from about the 10 day period. I'm not sure when it finally went away but about 2 weeks ago I realized I hadn't noticed it for awhile (I will be 13 weeks post op tomorrow). The MRI will put your mind at ease but it sounds so similar to mine that I believe you'll be fine (NOTE: I am NOT a Dr.).
Skiponzo
Salt Bather

Topics: 2

Postby caf1988 » 28 Jun 2016, 09:46

Thanks haha. Yeah I have to fly back to my home state to get it which is a bummer. If it's an abscess I almost just want to leave it but I believe that can be fatal. I just can't deal with these type of issues anymore
caf1988
Salt Bather

Postby caf1988 » 01 Jul 2016, 10:41

there is a small abscess but i don't think it is what i've been feeling - i think thats swollen scar tissue. Getting it drained today, praying it doesn't develop fistula. when will the nightmare end for us? also got the "lovely" diagnose of endometriosis today - they could see it on the MRI. I hope this abscess is the end for me.
caf1988
Salt Bather