My LIS Experience 4 days Post op

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

My LIS Experience 4 days Post op

Postby Guest » 16 Mar 2008, 16:15

Hi all just wanted to share my experience with you all.
Had LIS and skin tag removal on Thursday. Decided to have it in the office instead of the hospital. Had local only. The needles hurt bit but nothing I couldn't handle. After the needles it was pretty much a breeze. Couldn't believe how fast it was. In at 10:30 out by 11:15.
Doc gave me vicoden and I was expecting to use them as soon as I got home but had no need. The entire rest of the day I was waiting for the pain which really never came. Had a little discomfort in the early evening but not enough to warrant vicoden. Took 2 Tylenol instead. Next morning scared as hell waiting for my first BM. Amazed that I had very little pain just some discomfort and a little bleeding which I think is coming from the skin tag. Saturday and Sunday were pretty much the same. No real pain just some discomfort and bleeding with the addition of serious itching. Frankly the worst part of the whole experience has been the itching. Also little worried about the bleeding but I'll take that up with my CRS tomorrow when I call him. Will keep you guys updated.

Re: My LIS Experience 4 days Post op

Postby Guest » 16 Mar 2008, 17:20

Image Congratulations! So glad to hear that it has been a positive experience!

Postby buttgirl » 16 Mar 2008, 17:44

good to hear you're well BI. Our experiences have been very similar so far. I still have a tiny bit of bleeding with BM from the incision site, too.
buttgirl
King Fissure

Topics: 67

Postby val » 17 Mar 2008, 01:53

Great news BI! You're very brave to go through that awake !!!!
When I had mine done I was bleeding quite a bit for about 2 weeks or so.
val
King Fissure

Topics: 86

Postby Guest » 18 Mar 2008, 17:36

Bum Issues,
That is great. I am glad you are having little pain. I agree the itching can drive you crazy. Yippie for you!
Take Care,
Patty

Postby happyass » 19 Mar 2008, 08:29

congratulations bum issues.....
that's amazing you opted to do it in the office. how many people were in the room with you?
did they give you any valium to begin with or simply just went in with the first shot?
i hope all is well with you and keep up the good work.
happyass
King Fissure

Topics: 74

Postby Guest » 23 Mar 2008, 13:23

Happy ass,
Thanks! Yeah I just didn't want to deal with the whole hospital experience. It's not as bad as you might think. The shots hurt a bit but its nothing compared to fissure pain. It was just me and my CRS in the room and we went for it. No valium or pre-op pain killers.

Postby happyass » 23 Mar 2008, 14:55

i am sure i would have asked for a vodka tonic and a valium if i went your route!
:-)
happyass
King Fissure

Topics: 74

Postby Guest » 27 Mar 2008, 01:50

Great news. Hope your recovery keeps going well. Along with the LIS, I had 3 skin tags removed, so I can empathise with you about the itching & discomfort. Hang in there. Sounds like you're doing really well. I was in severe pain for about 10 days, so you've done well to not be in much pain. Mind you, I did have several external & internal haemmorhoids removed, plus a few polyps.
Best wishes.