What my CRS told me today (for the ladies)

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

What my CRS told me today (for the ladies)

Postby Laurieb » 02 Aug 2017, 06:23

I read several comments from women worrying about their slow healing from LIS and yesterday my CRS told me something very interesting that I never read anywhere on the web.

Basically, women would healed generally more slowly or there would be sensitivity to the site longer than for a male patient, because of all the additional pressure there is from reproductive organs in the lower abdomen.

He said in the first months following the procedure, this pressure can cause an additional edoema to the wound. And also the pressure, soreness can be more noticeable when a woman patient has her period.

I asked him, from his experience, how long does it takes for a woman to feel "normal" again in this area of the body, and he said generally after 2-3 months. NOT 2-3 weeks!!! Oh and he told me also that usually a sentinel skin tag will disappear after 1 year post LIS. Never knew that either!

I wish I would know this info right from the start! But I'm glad I can share it now. So please fellow ladies, don't beat yourself up. You will heal, it takes time but we will get there! X
Laurieb
Salt Bather

Topics: 8

Re: What my CRS told me today (for the ladies)

Postby Marie12 » 25 Oct 2017, 13:49

Thanks for posting that, makes me feel better. I am 4 months post LIS and feel I am about 90% healed but still have some minor bleeding and after a bigger BM can be a little sore. I am actually getting a second opinion in early Nov. as my surgeon didn't know why I was healing slowly. So thanks Laurie you have given me hope that eventually I will heal 100%.
Marie12
Fibre Addict

Topics: 1

Re: What my CRS told me today (for the ladies)

Postby Nora89 » 26 Oct 2017, 08:46

Thanks Laurie for sharing this important information!
I did not know that! and i was getting worried because I too had LIS a week ago and got my period today and i feel the area is sore and hurts more than usual and there is stinging sensation and any movment like standing up or setting down hurts like there is a needle down there !

I thought that i developed another fissure :(
But now knowing this I feel releived that periods might cause that to the fissure

I hope I can heal and go back to my normal life
Nora89
Fibre Addict

Topics: 3