Annoying Skin Tag

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Annoying Skin Tag

Postby Guest » 30 Apr 2008, 08:55

Been 7 weeks since LIS. I think the fissure is healing although very slowly. I still get "jolts" of pain every so often and if I sit for awhile it gets sore and prickly.
The skin tag that was left over from the infection is "killing me." I can't believe something so small can cause so much discomfort. It flares up constantly, after BM, walking, sitting. At least I can sleep fine. Thank God for that. I see my CRS in 2 weeks. If things continue I will definitely have it removed.
I know this is a "life-long" problem in that I'll have to stick to the diet, water, etc… regime. I have no problem with that I just want to stop having pain and discomfort on a daily basis. I pray we all can see the end of this soon.

Re: Annoying Skin Tag

Postby Guest » 30 Apr 2008, 09:06

Yeah, I had some serious pain problems with a skin tag from a sentinel pile from the fissure I had last year if you want to go back and read a thread I started when I was going through the same thing. Aloe vera seemed to help but it was so sensitive and it took months for it to go away.

I got another skintag from a hemorrhoid and had that removed with surgery and am glad I did. You are not alone-Fiss is struggling with this too-just check back on some of the threads.

It stinks!

Postby buttgirl » 30 Apr 2008, 12:25

Unfortunately, I am allregic to aloe, minorly but still. Emu oil really seems to calm the irritations for me. Occasionally, a dab of iodine ointment along with it does too.
buttgirl
King Fissure

Topics: 67

Postby Guest » 01 May 2008, 08:43

Hey Buttgirl,
How are you doing. Is your fissure healed yet?

Postby buttgirl » 01 May 2008, 10:18

I'm not quite sure. Today is my 7 week mark. Things don't sting the area as much, but I still get pains as if it isn't healed. For me though, I notice that even when a cut is healed it sometimes hurts as if it isn't. The incision, for instance, healed a few weeks ago, Dr said and it feels like it. But I still get nagging little twinges from it every now and then that make it feel like it hasn't healed. From the fissure area, I get the same sort of sore/pricky you describe, more pricky than sore, but still. It passes pretty quickly but still leaves me with the reminder of its presence. Fortunately, I haven't had problems with the skin tag since December.
It's amazing how long these things take to heal!!
How are you post-antibiotics?
buttgirl
King Fissure

Postby Guest » 01 May 2008, 11:21

I'm doing better. It took such a long time for my system to get back to normal. Its insane how much "damage" antibiotics can do. Almost 4 weeks later and my body still doesn't feel 100%. Crazy.
Sounds like we're feeling the same sort of things I am. I got a little depressed thinking about how long its taking to heal. But I have to admit I'm better than before LIS.

Postby buttgirl » 01 May 2008, 11:32

Yes. That is the main thing. Much better than before LIS, but still not healed. I am also much better when everything is supersoft in the morning, which was a bit of a challenge because I have started eating more or less normally again.
It is a little depressing to think how long these things take, but then I was skeptical about the 6-8 weeks estimate. The important thing is that I feel like I'm continually healing rather than having setback after setback (KOW).
I know what you mean about the antibiotcs. They are some powerful stuff. Have you been eating yogurt and other fermented fods?
buttgirl
King Fissure