Retear after LIS

:(

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Retear after LIS

Postby fe li » 07 Sep 2017, 19:22

Hey there, im new to this forum, but im been looking it since i got mi fissure in october 2016. I went to a gastroenterologist here in my town, its the closest to an a proctologist, so he gave me cicalfate, a repairing cream, but the pain only got a little better. I had a LIS in May of this year, and i feel really good for about 2 weeks, but then my pain came back, i feel so frustraded, im in a depression because of this. Went back to my doctor and he said that he dont see any fissure, just inflamation... inflamation that i been trying to lower with sitz bath, but nothing. Im pretty sure that i got a new fissure. Anybody had a second LIS? im willing to do it, i cant do my normal life. Please help! Thanks to all.
fe li

Topics: 1

Re: Retear after LIS

Postby patience_and_healing » 27 Sep 2017, 00:12

It's possible to have pain when when the fissure has healed. Have you tried a zinc oxide ointment like calmoseptine? That may help with the irritation. And there are some people in the forum who have had a second LIS because the first one wasn't extensive enough.
8/16-12/16: Fissure due to antibiotics
5/17: Botox to sphincter, fissure healed
9/19: Trigger point injections and pudendal nerve block
11/19: Botox to pelvic floor
8/20: Botox to pelvic floor in new location.
On and off in pelvic physical therapy
patience_and_healing

Topics: 40