Tried diltiazem/surgeon appointment in 2days

Going to check my options

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Re: Tried diltiazem/surgeon appointment in 2days

Postby getmylifeback » 07 Dec 2017, 12:56

Hi Missy,

My CRS doesnt think botox is a good procedure because of the very high reoccurence rate. I went with the LIS and the pain is actually less than fissure pain. Best decision of my life, you should highly consider it and speak to your doc if you can get a CRS. My doc recommended against soft serve type of stool because while it doesnt hurt as much as a bulky one, it doesnt stretch the internal sphincter and promote blood flow. You should look for a CRS and talk about LIS, it is the best treatment for it. I was afraid for YEARS then i finally bit the bullet and i wish i had done it sooner. I feel normal for the first time in 8 years, you should ask about the surgery.
As far as the stretching, some people have the adverse reaction of tightening up after botox instead of loosening, and the effect is only temporary, youll more than likely go back to your old ways down there. LIS seriously saved my quality of life, and i completely understand and feel your agony. Im 3 weeks out and I feel about 90%, no issues really just extra time to make sure im really clean down there after going to the bathroom. I hope this helps
getmylifeback
Fibre Addict

Postby missy moo » 11 Dec 2017, 16:39

Thanks get my life back I'll look into it. Katie I'm doing fine just waiting for my next appointment with a different surgeon the best I can get in my area and for free but don't have a date yet I'm just living each day as it comes my setbacks aren't to bad anymore it flears up is sore only while passing a stool then there's next to no pain till the next movement an days when a movement is pain free it's pain free for a few weeks and I can do anything sit run jump on the trampoline with my kids hope your all doing well. Merry Christmas
missy moo
King Fissure

Topics: 37

Postby missy moo » 26 May 2023, 17:53

Thought I should come back and update anyone who reads this. I would consider myself 90% healed now not from a cream, surgery or anything outside of me. I worked on myself mostly self-love I learnt to appreciate my body and see no parts as unclean or gross. I learnt to be appreciative of my bum I even thanked it for the first time in my life I started to see it as apart of me I connected with it. If this sounds strange to you that's a sign that you also need to do this haha. It could be what works for you. There's a few things that I believe got me to were I am now.

1. I stopped looking for help outside of myself
2. I stopped seeing others as bigger then me, in terms of giving power to everyone else and seeing myself as being in need of other to save me.
3. I loved myself for the first time inside and out
4. I talked kindly to myself and my body
5. I looked into other people who healed themselves.
6. I started to have gratitude for myself my body an things in my life.
7. I looked after myself, by doing things I loved, taking time out, moving my body, and eating for fuel and healing as well as having little happy treats sometimes.

8. Meditation or just sitting with myself in silence being present.

9. I read a book by Louise Hay called you can heal your life and more recently I've been following and reading books by the medical medium.

I hope everyone finds healing from within as this is the key even if you get surgery still work on yourself to create internal harmony. I decided to write this because I've had alot if people reach out to me over the years and I wanted to give back. For 8 years I had a fissure I got botox twice, heaps of creams, fiber, cut things out of my diet, cried, begged, gave up emotionally a few times, I felt punished and thought my body was broken an didn't work properly why me I asked why is my life like this.

Well I've found its alot to do with our mindset, gratitude, self love, how we feel about ourselves and what we say and think about ourselves and our lives that plays the biggest part in how our bodies do and how our lives play out in general.

Please feel free to reach out. I really hope someone hears this and can heal once and for all. Take care of yourselves. Love to all
missy moo
King Fissure

Topics: 37