painful bump 4 days after LIS !

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

painful bump 4 days after LIS !

Postby Nora89 » 22 Oct 2017, 00:50

I had LIS 4 days ago , and today i developed a painful small white pump next to the incesion and its so painful especially after bm! and i do not know what to do :(
I am afraid that my LIS failed and the fissure is coming back !

please help if anybody had the same problem after LIS ?
Nora89
Fibre Addict

Topics: 3

Re: painful bump 4 days after LIS !

Postby patience_and_healing » 22 Oct 2017, 15:54

Do get checked out for a possible infection. Get in touch with your doctor and they can take a look at it.
8/16-12/16: Fissure due to antibiotics
5/17: Botox to sphincter, fissure healed
9/19: Trigger point injections and pudendal nerve block
11/19: Botox to pelvic floor
8/20: Botox to pelvic floor in new location.
On and off in pelvic physical therapy
patience_and_healing

Topics: 40

Postby chachacha » 22 Oct 2017, 18:35

I had a very small pimple-like "thing" after LIS (can't say exactly when it arose, but probably late in the first week post-op). It was so painful for the first few days, that even if a corner of the toilet tissue touched it, it was agony. It gradually got better, and my LIS was a complete success. When I pointed it out to the surgeon at my 6 week check up (it was only mildly tender at that point), he said that he couldn't see anything, even though my husband saw it both the day before and the day after my visit. I have seen a lot of other people on this board also mention this issue, but can't remember if they all had a good outcome in the end or not. You can definitely call you surgeon though, to see what he or she says, because if there is an infection, you'll want to have it treated quickly. Good luck.
Fissure since about 2007
Fissure diagnosed in 2011
Diltiazem for two years - didn't work well
LIS January, 2015
Hemorrhoidectomy December, 2017
chachacha

Topics: 19

Postby Nora89 » 23 Oct 2017, 08:17

patience_and_healing wrote:Do get checked out for a possible infection. Get in touch with your doctor and they can take a look at it.

I did book an appointment to get it checked this week i hope it will turn out ok
Nora89
Fibre Addict

Postby Nora89 » 23 Oct 2017, 08:22

chachacha wrote:I had a very small pimple-like "thing" after LIS (can't say exactly when it arose, but probably late in the first week post-op). It was so painful for the first few days, that even if a corner of the toilet tissue touched it, it was agony. It gradually got better, and my LIS was a complete success. When I pointed it out to the surgeon at my 6 week check up (it was only mildly tender at that point), he said that he couldn't see anything, even though my husband saw it both the day before and the day after my visit. I have seen a lot of other people on this board also mention this issue, but can't remember if they all had a good outcome in the end or not. You can definitely call you surgeon though, to see what he or she says, because if there is an infection, you'll want to have it treated quickly. Good luck.

thank you at least i am not they only one who had this issue after LIS and i'm glad that your LIS was a success that gives me hope !

I did call today and booked an appointment to get it checked hopfully it turns out ok
Nora89
Fibre Addict

Postby chachacha » 23 Oct 2017, 08:26

Good. It's always better to be sure.
Fissure since about 2007
Fissure diagnosed in 2011
Diltiazem for two years - didn't work well
LIS January, 2015
Hemorrhoidectomy December, 2017
chachacha

Topics: 19

Postby Nora89 » 26 Oct 2017, 08:56

I went to my surgeon after my LIS for follow up ans he said that the bump is normal and there is no infection but he said i should continue doing sitz baths and keep my bm soft so the fissure can heal
Nora89
Fibre Addict

Postby Hopie75 » 06 May 2019, 08:50

I also have a bump. (I had LIS and skin tag removal a week ago) No bleeding but my bowel movements are painful. How long did it take for the bump to resolve. I have a call into my surgeon but I didn’t expect a fissure like pain to reappear again. (No blood just pain)
Hopie75
Fibre Addict

Topics: 1