cleanliness after fissurectomy

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Re: cleanliness after fissurectomy

Postby juney » 18 Sep 2008, 23:30

yah dano, it looks like a huge slice right next to where the a-hole is (or used to be LOL). there's just a lot of wounded area, skin, and some stitches poking out. i literally became nauseous the first time i looked at it...could've been the vicodin i was taking but it was nasty!! it's getting better slowly, today's day 10. my dr said the wound will take a few weeks to heal completely.
juney
King Fissure

Topics: 36

Postby dano » 19 Sep 2008, 19:53

it takes awhile for sure,i didnt have stitches,says he didnt stitch it cause it needs to heal from the inside,which it did...huge slice is a good term to use...believe me it wasnt the vicotin making you sick,it was the view of a ungodly carnaged hole!! i didnt take the pain stuff,shockingly,mine really didnt hurt that bad,the fissure was worse for pain..also,the dr told me if i have ANY problems to contact him asap and he would get me in that day,so make sure and keep an eye out for any issues that might come up,but sounds like your on the road to recovery....
hey fissulyna..i actually have a real pic with a real fish i caught,its like a 13 lb carp out of a pond,its huge and nasty looking,stunk really bad too.. hooray for real fish!!
dano
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 13

Postby Fissulyna » 19 Sep 2008, 19:58

He he Dano boy - CONGRATS buddy Image Image !!! So- grilled fish for dinner -ey ??? Image
Now - you never answered my question about your girlfriend LOL Image Image - any "ring" yet ??? Image
Fissulyna
VIP

Topics: 61

Postby dano » 20 Sep 2008, 17:44

yea...we have been engaged for like 4 years now....together total for 15 years,she was in high school and i was a year out when we started dating,i personally feel like rushing things is a bad idea,i must have made a comment awhile back to confuse things..hell,im confused now! seriously,we might as well be married after all this time,but we know friends that dated,married,had kids,divorced,remarried and had new kids in the time we've been together..i use that as an example to say"see what happens when your in a hurry!" i think it falls on deaf ears though Image
dano
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby dano » 20 Sep 2008, 17:45

oh yea,you'd never actually eat carp,they are that dirty....
dano
Proctosphincteranalogist

Effects after surgery

Postby jquest68 » 03 Jan 2010, 21:17

I'm new to this site (didn't believe there was a forum on this). Ok this is my story; my girlfriend had a fissure done and she's in pain constantly. She's developed a diaper rash according to the nurse discharging her from the OP. She's taking percocet for the pain and I went to buy her a sitz bath, and Balmex creme, but its not working. She still has pain whenever she has a BM and some blood comes out, is that normal? She doesn't know that I'm asking this on this forum. I want to do everything and anything possible for her. Her rash is so severe that its so uncomfortable for her to sleep. I gave her some Benedryl to make her feel sleepy to fall asleep. so far so good, but in the morning she'll be back to the pain.
She's a PT and does aquatic therapy as well and loves running. She'll be out of the water until her post op appointment this tuesday. Hopefully the doctor will come up with something. But if somebody can relate to this and can help with some tips it will be really much appreciated. Thanks.
jquest68
Fibre Addict

Postby Fissulyna » 08 Jan 2010, 02:56

Maybe if you give us more detail about what exact procedure she had (fissurectomy , dilatation, LIS, skin-tag removal, etc. ) we can have better insight in the situation and come up with some ideas.
Bleeding and pain after any anal surgery is absolutely NORMAL occurrence.
She should be having sitz-baths at least 4 times a day for 30 min. to increase healing rate and reduce the pain level. After baths she should dry her butt thoroughly with a fan, check for cleanliness in the mirror and use q-tip to gently remove any poop that she can see ( I used q-tip dipped in Balneol lotion) and than apply some moisture barrier like Vaseline ! It will protect her skin from moisture and discharge from the would and thus help with "diaper rash" .
Hope this regiment helps - it did many !!!!
Fissulyna
VIP

Postby jquest68 » 09 Jan 2010, 23:44

thank you very much for you insights. Actually she went to the doctors for a post op and found out she was allergic to the "Balmex" so she stopped it and the rash got better. She's having a little bit of bleeding from the the site of surgery (Anal sphincterectomy). She is getting better but when she goes for a BM some blood still comes out. Today was a little bit messy to a point that she got scared. I'm used to seeing this because I work in the Emergency Dept of a hospital. I didn't actually see it but she discribed it for me. She's fine but I do believe she needs to have more sitz baths.
jquest68
Fibre Addict

Postby Fissulyna » 10 Jan 2010, 01:36

I am glad to hear that she is getting better regarding rash Image - she definitely does not need some extra irritation there : (. Since she is sensitive to Balneol, I would suggest using than some other gentle cleanser on the Q-tip (she can dip it into some chamomile tea for example - it is natural anti-inflammatory ) or use plain water. Keeping it all nice and clean is VERY important , at least it proved to be such to me and also my CRS told me that I healed that fast since I kept it so clean. People tend to minimize importance of that fact ...
Bleeding can be present for the first week or two - for some people even longer : ((, it is all so individual. BUT, it should have downward linear trend. Is she keeping her stools very soft and regular ? She should be on high fiber diet, nothing constipating, a lot of fluids and rest yes - sitz-baths are extremely important - especially for people who tend to heal slow. I know that it all is extremely boring - but it is the only way : (.
Regardless of having a surgery, she still has that fissure to heal !!!Surgery just gives her a fair chance - that is all *sigh.
Does she feel the her butt is "looser" (spasms gone) ???
Hope all will start getting better very, very soon !!! She is really just "fresh" out from that operating room and some bleeding is still OK to see.
How is her pain level during bowel movement ??? Any improvement there : ( ???
Fissulyna
VIP

Postby jquest68 » 10 Jan 2010, 09:40

again thank you for your help. she is feeling better far as rash. She is a little looser no spasms. she's afraid of BM because of the blood. it freaks her out. I've been telling her to relax more but she's a busy woman. She is on a high fiber diet and taking stool softner. A little bit of blood from the surgery site which is above the anus. All and all she's feeling definitely better. She's not a pain med taker but the first couple of days she took some pain meds but now she's ok without it. She eats good and drinks lots of water. I make her tea and remind her about the sitz bath. She definitely need to take more sitz baths. I think its just boring for her. I tell her to take a book and relax. She gets of work a little late today but early enough to relax before going to bed.
Thank you again for all your help. I told her about this site and she's surprise they have a forum on this. But she'll be on this site soon. meanwhile I'll keep on with this site. Thank you.
jquest68
Fibre Addict