Has anyone had a Thrombosed Hemmhoroid excised?

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Has anyone had a Thrombosed Hemmhoroid excised?

Postby gr8ness » 18 Sep 2009, 06:24

Just curious if anyone has had a thrombosed hemmhoroid excised before? I am curious how bad it is...I know a hemmhoroidectomy is bad recovery wise but how rough is excision of just one? It's looking more and more like I will need that on top of my LIS weds at the same time and it's starting to worry me. I'm just hoping it isn't worse than the fissure pain because I'll go absolutely insane with a double whammy. Then again it would still beat having two separate procedures I guess. I was just wondering if anyone experienced this.
gr8ness
Fibre Addict

Topics: 3

Re: Has anyone had a Thrombosed Hemmhoroid excised?

Postby cherylk » 18 Sep 2009, 13:36

I haven't, but I think it makes a butt feel better, not worse. Do you have a thrombosed one???
cherylk
VIP

Topics: 46

Postby gr8ness » 18 Sep 2009, 13:53

Yes, unfortunately have a thrombosed as well as my fissure. My CRS thought that most likely the thrombosed would be gone by the time of my LIS weds but it's not looking too good as it's still there. He said if it's still there by my LIS he would just excise it while I was under. As of right now the Thrombosed really isn't bothering me that much but it's still swollen up so I'm guessing he'll be excising. I was just worried that's gonna add a lot of extra pain on top of the fissure recovery which I really don't want.
gr8ness
Fibre Addict

Postby cherylk » 18 Sep 2009, 15:20

I doubt it will add a lot of extra pain; I think the purpose of excising it is to take off the pressure and drain some blood out, but I could be mistaken!
cherylk
VIP

Topics: 46

Postby NeuropathicGuy » 18 Sep 2009, 15:58

I've never had it done but know a guy who has. According to him, there was almost no recovery time. He said the only pain was when they administered something at the very beginning before they excised it, I think it was either some local anaesthesia or some kind of freezing thing (like they do with warts). After that he said the relief was just about instantaneous. He didn't have a fissure though. Although I have no personal experience with either one I'd almost wager that the LIS is going to be the chief focus with the thrombosed hemorrhoid being mostly an afterthought. Hope I'm right and good luck with it!
NeuropathicGuy
King Fissure

Topics: 45

Postby gr8ness » 18 Sep 2009, 20:55

Thanks for the info..I appreciate it! The fissure is where like 99 % of my pain comes from right now since the thrombosed stopped hurting. When it first popped up it hurt all the time and especially during and after a BM. The combination of the fissure with the thrombosed just about did me in...I couldn't take it. Luckily the Thrombosed doesn't hurt too much now just tender but it is still there and swollen up so I'm guessing he will still excise it. Thanks again!
gr8ness
Fibre Addict

Postby FromCroatia » 16 Mar 2017, 14:33

I ended up at Emergency Hospital due to pain of trombosed hemorrhoids. I had two of them. Doctor took them out immediately with scalpel. I passed out of pain. I stayed in hospital for next two days and I wasn't any better so surgeon cut off both nodules. Than it was fine very shortly after that.
FromCroatia
Salt Bather

Topics: 1