8 Months Post Fistulotomy

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

8 Months Post Fistulotomy

Postby Iowa_Fistula » 29 Apr 2010, 17:16

Just wondering if anyone else that's had a fistulotomy still has that gross discharge? After BM's I'll walk around and sometimes I still have discharge. Once it starts it seems to come and go all day long. I'm sick of it!!! Any suggestions or others having same experience?
Iowa_Fistula

Topics: 1

Re: 8 Months Post Fistulotomy

Postby NeuropathicGuy » 06 May 2010, 02:41

Thought I'd give your thread a bump. I don't know how many folks we have here who have experience with fistulas. I know there have been a few in the past but not sure if any are still around. Hopefully someone with experience can chime in...
I just had lateral internal sphincterotomy and did get pretty bad discharge a few hours after surgery. But since then my main thing has been mild soiling (I think it's mild incontinence). I'm now going into day #4 post-op and it's still happening.
Maybe if you describe what kind of discharge it is and how long it's been since your surgery, someone can offer some feedback. Good luck!
NeuropathicGuy
King Fissure

Topics: 45

Re: 8 Months Post Fistulotomy

Postby vevigil » 16 Mar 2011, 14:01

I had a fistulotomy procedure performed roughly 5 weeks ago. It fistula was superficial to the sphincter muscle, so the procedure was relatively quick. During the procedure they also removed a skin tag that remained from the original abscess. The doctor specified it would heal 4 to 6 weeks, but like many of you, the wound appears to remain fresh. It looks like there is some connective tissue or granulation growth, but no epithelium. So I am not sure how much longer it will be before total healing. In addition, it appears the skin tag is growing back, which means I am not sure whether the doctor totally removed or why it is coming back. I am thinking I may need a second procedure to remove the skin tag, but i am planning to wait until after total healing of the fistulotomy.
vevigil

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?