Sphincterotomy and Hemmorhoidectomy four days ago ...

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Re: Sphincterotomy and Hemmorhoidectomy four days ago ...

Postby Guest » 27 Aug 2010, 19:16

I am so Happy for you Phil!!
This is the kind of ending I needed to see:)

Postby StevePain » 28 Aug 2010, 01:54

BRILLIANT PHIL... Image
This is a great morale booster for anyone and everyone who goes for the surgery, I'm very happy for you phil and glad that you've finally put those nasty butt issues to rest, may you stay healed forever!
StevePain
King Fissure

Topics: 45

Postby Philber » 28 Oct 2010, 12:58

I thought I would just post a follow up, not that there is much more to say.
It has been three months since my LIS and hemmorhoidectomy. As far as I can tell, I am 100% cured. I have no pain, no discomfort, no bleeding and no incontinence. I am 'normal' as far as my butt and its functions are concerned.
I continue to eat a high fibre diet, and take Metamucil daily, along with Miralax every other day. I try to exercise regularly and keep stress to a minimum. Most of all, I try not to strain on the toilet, and I don't read or linger in the bathroom.
The effect of the LIS and hemmorhoidectomy for me has been nothing short of miraculous. The difference between where I am now and where I was a year ago is so dramatic it is difficult to imagine. Looking back, I don't know how I actually functioned. I have my life back, and I wake up every day without a single thought as to how much pain the day will bring or how I will organize myself that day so as to minimize the pain.
For those of you who are struggling with a fissure, please know that there is definitely hope for a happy ending. I don't know how I could have felt much worse a year ago, and now I hardly give any thought to my butt at all. Stick with the diet, and the stool softeners, and do what you can do cure yourself without surgery. But if you need the surgery, have it done and get it over with.
I figure that most people who are cured simply leave this forum and never return. I just wanted to let people know that the outcome of all this can be excellent. I will probably lurk for a while and then fade away, but know that there are many, many people like me, who had a fissure and now are cured. My heart and prayers are with all of you.
Philber
Salt Bather

Topics: 3