One week to go, and I have the flu.

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Re: One week to go, and I have the flu.

Postby Elphie » 21 Mar 2011, 21:03

The pre op is just to meet with a nurse and the tech who administers the happy sleepy drugs, they take some blood work blood pressure to ensure I'm up to surgery. As long as I don't have to bend over that's not so bad.
I feel terrible when I hear what people go thru with sick kids it does make u more thankful for your own even when they're being difficult! I have two girls, 2 and 8 and a sixteen yr old boy. There have been some close calls that can b scary but a disease takes away any illusion of control u have.
I know how u feel when u say u feel selfish, my mother in law has breast cancer and is having a full mastctomy next Monday and my sister in law, who is blind, is being induced two weeks early on Friday so our mother in law can hold the baby before her surgery. I feel bad for my whining whenever I think of everything going on right now.
I'm glad u got over your flu and I hope your surgery goes well, I've been reading all the old threads too and I'm still a month away! I'm scared too but more afraid of never getting my life back!
Elphie
Fissureologist

Topics: 10

Postby Bumbutt » 22 Mar 2011, 02:39

Good Luck tomorrow Alpine! I will be thinking of you!!! Sending positive surgery and healing vibes your way. Let us know how you are doing when you feel up to it.
Bumbutt
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 7

Postby sphinctersaurus » 22 Mar 2011, 04:44

Just a quick note to say.. GOOD LUCK, GOOD LUCK, GOOD LUCK!
Looking forward to your post-surgery, drug-fuelled ranting Image
sphinctersaurus
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 10

Postby alpinestrawberry » 22 Mar 2011, 06:57

sphinctersaurus wrote:Looking forward to your post-surgery, drug-fuelled ranting Image

Hey, what's wrong with my pre-surgery drug-fuelled ranting? Image
Thanks to you all for your well-wishes! Image I don't know if I would have gotten to this point, not with my sanity intact at least, without all of you. This site has helped me so much.
My surgery isn't until 1:45 tomorrow, and for some reason they told me to expect 2-4 hours in the recovery room, even though I'm only having light sedation. I'm also an hour away from the hospital, so I don't expect to get home until 6:00-7:00 tomorrow night. I hope they're wrong, and I wake up fast and go home fast. But it may be Thursday before you hear from me. But don't worry, you know I'll be back to tell the tale.
Elphie, wow. That is a lot going on in your family. I'm sure that's stressing everyone out. I'll pray for your MIL and SIL...what a rough time. It's so nice that she'll get to hold the baby before surgery. My MIL died unexpectedly three days before our oldest was born...and then our baby got sick and had to stay in intensive care...it was just a bad time but our baby is going to be 11 in June so it ended as well as it could. I think your MIL is making the right decision...I wouldn't hesitate to do a mastectomy if I was ever told I had BC.
Well, thanks again everyone! Image
alpinestrawberry
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 17