peri anal itching after LIS???

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

peri anal itching after LIS???

Postby slhall » 21 Mar 2011, 06:07

You have all been so great, and I've been learning alot... so here is another quetions for you all. I've noticed that since I've had my LIS (I did also have a pudendal nerve block 1 week prior to surgery) that I have incredible perianal itching...even vaginal. Sorry guys..... has anyone else experienced this???
slhall
Fibre Addict

Topics: 4

Re: peri anal itching after LIS???

Postby alpinestrawberry » 24 Mar 2011, 13:36

Hey,
I had some itchiness, last night as I was going to bed. I'm sure it will get worse when it really starts to heal. But I wasn't expecting to feel itchiness already, the day of surgery!
Anyhow, I think from reading other's experiences, we're going to be prone to having all sorts of pings and zingers and weird sensations for awhile. Anything goes!
alpinestrawberry
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 17

Postby William » 24 Mar 2011, 19:47

All my itching post-LIS came from the excess granuloma tissue that built up around my LIS site (possibly from an infection). My CRS has been slowly working on it with silver nitrate, scissors, and a scraper. I'm really looking forward to being done with that!
William
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby ElizabethAnnB » 26 Apr 2011, 16:02

I had LIS back in early January and I have definitely noticed itching all the way up until now. I actually came back to the board to see if this was common. It drives me nuts. I feel like I am constantly wanting to scratch my arse! No pain, just itching.
ElizabethAnnB
Fibre Addict

Topics: 4

Postby Bambi » 27 Apr 2011, 14:10

I still have (at 10 weeks tomorrow) a little spot where the skin tag was removed that is very easily irritated. Sometimes like today it feels a little irritated when I have a bowel movement, which scares me! And then it will just be itchy and irritated feeling. I occasionally have an itchy feeling around where the incision was as well. The Calmoseptine ointment my CRS recommended does help with this for me.
Bambi
Bambi
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 72

Postby alpinestrawberry » 28 Apr 2011, 09:10

I still get the itchies now and then. It's not so intense that I'm dying to scratch it though, thank God! Imagine the damage fingernails could do...ugh. Is Calmoseptine prescription, or OTC?
alpinestrawberry
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby frustrated » 28 Apr 2011, 09:30

I am 3 days post LIS and the itching is definately an issue. I am blow drying my butt after sitz baths because someone on this site said dampness can cause the itching.
I haven't put any creams on because I'm afraid to get anything on the incision, but they did give me lidocaine at the hospital. I wonder if that would work?
I had a skin tag removed too and the CRS did say that was going to hurt more than the incision.
frustrated
Salt Bather

Topics: 8

Postby Bambi » 28 Apr 2011, 09:56

I know some folks on here were told not to put on ointments post surgery and others had different instructions. So I'm not sure about using the Calmoseptine in the first week or two. The blow drying definitely helps me and sometimes rinsing off with cold water (our tap water in Colorado is COLD!). The Calmoseptine is over the counter, but not something available in every drugstore. My CRS recommended it to me after my second botox and it was available in the Walgreens in his building at his request. I did order some online from drugstore.com though. I also noticed the pharmacy in our medical center had it when I got my husband's prescriptions filled. You might have to call around or just order it online. It is a combo of calamine, menthol, zinc oxide and some other things. It gives a pleasant cooling feel- You could call and ask your Dr. about it or ask at your post-op appointment.
Bambi
Bambi
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 72