Skin tag removal site swollen and tender?

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Skin tag removal site swollen and tender?

Postby frustrated » 02 May 2011, 09:44

I am 7 days post LIS and the site where my skin tag was has swelled up a bit bigger than a pea and is soooo tender. A stitch definately came out this weekend, but the blood is not too bad.
Has anyone else had this problem? Is it normal?
frustrated
Salt Bather

Topics: 8

Re: Skin tag removal site swollen and tender?

Postby Deleted User 579 » 02 May 2011, 10:43

hey Frustrated! I'm sorry I can't offer any useful advice, not being an LISer myself. I just wanted to say I'm sorry you are dealing with this Image
... and to ask if you've contacted your CRS to ask about this development? I think it would be hard to tell if the pea is a thrombosed hemmie-type-thing or an abscess, so I would have a doc look at it; but, as you know, I'm inclined to err on the side of slightly hypochondriacal caution.
Deleted User 579

Postby Elphie » 02 May 2011, 11:25

It does sound like maybe there's some fluid buildup in there but it might just b normal swelling, try the frozen peas, after BM and sitz bath I'm swollen so I tuck the bag of frozen peas under there for twenty minutes and it goes down. I just wrap it in a nice soft towel put a pillow behind my butt to hold it in place. But it certainly couldn't hurt to hear what the doc says.
Elphie
Fissureologist

Topics: 10

Postby happyass » 02 May 2011, 11:53

frustrated,
i didn't have stitches in my skin tag removal.
however, are you doing warm/hot soaks in the bath tub?
i never used the ice/peas on my area to heal so i have no experience with that.
just make sure to keep it clean, definitely do the warm/hot soaks, and keep it dry as possible by drying off and then using a gauze pad to keep it in place.
happyass
King Fissure

Topics: 74

Postby frustrated » 02 May 2011, 13:09

Happy...good to hear from you again. The nurse said that I had 2 stitches... I know one came out but there is an internal one that will take weeks to dissolve. (Now that I think about it, maybe the stiches were not on the tag but the LIS incision.)
Anyhow, just as Elphie said (you are good, girl) there may be fluid built up in there.
Just took an hour bath and it does help with the soreness. I am thinking of taking my first pain pill though.
Again, here I am, frustrated, because I was hoping to be so much better at 7 days post LIS.
frustrated
Salt Bather

Topics: 8

Postby happyass » 02 May 2011, 15:25

it is all going to work out frustrated!
keep positive thoughts and if your "fluid" build up doesn't go down soon, perhaps having the CRS take a look at it wouldn't be such a bad idea.
happyass
King Fissure

Topics: 74