Question for you folks..

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Question for you folks..

Postby tony » 20 Aug 2011, 19:44

Hey guy's just signed up although I'v been lurking for a while. I had LIS surgery 9 day's ago and so far so good but I'm a little confused about something. I just finished serching the web for LIS videos and it seems that in all the videos the surgeon makes an incision outside the rectum to locate the muscel and cut it. I do not have any external incisions mine was done inside. What is the difference in these two methods, and is mine less likely to be sussesful?
Thanks for the replies and sorry for the poor spelling........
tony

Topics: 1

Re: Question for you folks..

Postby Guest » 20 Aug 2011, 21:08

Hi Tony,
Here's a link I found where NG asked about open or closed LIS. Hope it helps as I am not sure at all about the whole thing. My husband did my butt inspections and never mentioned seeing the cut outside. I have heard others talk about the incision on the outside. I had a tag removed from the left and I'm not sure if there was an incision on the outside in that area...
http://anal-fissure.org/t2215-open-or-closed-lis#48586

Postby Guest » 20 Aug 2011, 21:10

PS...your spelling is just fine :) I am the worlds worst at spelling!

Postby Deleted User 579 » 21 Aug 2011, 09:00

Hey Tony - I watched a few videos too - before my surgery! Image (I probably shouldn't have done that!)
In the videos I watched, it looked like the anus was pulled open so that the incision was just at the anal verge. That means the incision would be inside and hidden when the anus is closed, but visible from the outside if the anus us open. I think the incision has to be right on the verge, almost inside, because that's where the internal sphinter muscle is. Image
Deleted User 579