Sugery on Friday and I want to back out!

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Re: Sugery on Friday and I want to back out!

Postby FinnsMom » 07 Jan 2012, 10:59

Hi everyone! Well I actually sucked it up and had my surgery! I had LIS and he put a few stitches in one of my fissure, is that a fissurectomy? Anyway, I am one week post op now and doing good I guess. The trip home from the hospital was a little rough, all the numbing medicine wore off when I was still 45 minutes from home, so I suffered quite a bit that first night. The second day I had my first BM, and it was completely painless! I cried afterwards just because it was the first BM that didn't hurt in almost a year and a half. I had some spasms afterwards which sucked but they were gone after an hour or so. Same thing the next day and that was the last day I've had spasms! Now afterwards my pain is mostly mild tenderness to moderate pain. Some days are better than others, I have to remind myself to take the recovery process week by week instead of day by day.
Right now I'm really missing taking care of my son and sitting. I'm hoping to be able to rock him to sleep tomorrow or the day after, I miss holding my buddy!
I do want to thank you all that encouraged me and thought about me throughout this stressful time, you are the most compassionate people I've ever met! I'll continue to keep you guys updated.
FinnsMom
Fibre Addict

Topics: 6

Postby Sue1962 » 17 Jan 2012, 07:40

Just checking in!!! I am guessing all is great since we haven't heard from you!!! Hope you continue to heal pain free!!!
Sue1962
Fissureologist

Topics: 36

Postby FinnsMom » 18 Jan 2012, 00:19

Hey Sue, I'm doing good! I have my follow up on Thursday, planning on doing an update post afterwards to let everyone know how it went! Thanks for thinking about me, you're a sweetheart! I read your latest post, I'm thrilled you are doing so great! An amazing shopping trip sounds like just the thing these days!
FinnsMom
Fibre Addict

Topics: 6

Postby Sue1962 » 18 Jan 2012, 07:28

LOL....yes It was fun and doing it with no pain made it even better!!! Looking forward to reading your posts..
Sue1962
Fissureologist

Topics: 36