8 days post-op, quiggles i can relate

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

8 days post-op, quiggles i can relate

Postby 44alegna44 » 18 Feb 2012, 16:00

hello friends, i've made it through to my 8th day post-op and i will say that this week wasn't as good as i thought it would be. the problem has been that darn bm. my routine is get up in the morning, pour my coffee, and try to get through it before having to go to the bathroom. sometimes i make it sometimes i don't (see i like to finish that great smelling/tasting coffee, cause i no what's coming next sets a bad tone for the rest of my morning). when that bm comes, it's still been a terribly burning, sometimes fist-clenching, teeth gritting pain. then immediately to a warm sitz bath, followed by 2 advil, then laying down till the advil kick in and the burn goes down a couple of notches. unfortunately, that dull nagging burn that's left can last for several hours. i did have a phone consult with my crs this week, who had called to let me know that all pathology reports came back and all was well (gratefully some good news) and that also while she was operating, she not only performed lis/tag removal, but also removed several small hemmies around fissure site. she told me to expect initial worst-part of recovery to be better in about a week to week and a half, hopefully that's when the terrible bm burning will have subsided. i have been so encouraged by this forum and all the positive posts from those who have had great success after surgery and i think i was hoping to include myself in with those who have felt better sooner rather than later. but i have also learned here that the healing process is all on an individual basis, we all heal differently, so if my healing comes a little later....that's ok, as so many have said i've been patient enough dealing with this up until now, at least i know that i've finally done something about it so i can keep on keeping on with much more hope now that i did what i had to to get my life back! i'm positive, with support from all of you, really, that this will soon be a distant memory! Will post again soon, hopefully by week and a half mark with progress on the burn...best wishes to all!
44alegna44
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 9

Re: 8 days post-op, quiggles i can relate

Postby workingonit » 18 Feb 2012, 18:51

angel,
well that explains a lot. That she nipped away more than you thought she would.
No wonder it hurts so much!
I hope this is the turn around point for you!
-Tanya
workingonit
VIP

Topics: 34

Postby Quiggles » 18 Feb 2012, 18:56

thanks for posting it's nice knowing through all this that I am not alone, but at the same time feel bad that someone else is suffering. I have the same burning all the time it's so frustrating and I also had hemmies removed :( Our surgeries sound identical.
Keep posting and again thanks for sharing it helps a lot :)
Lory
Quiggles
Salt Bather

Topics: 8

Postby brownch » 18 Feb 2012, 23:14

Hi- I feel like I am in the same boat. I had my LIS surgery about 9 days ago with a tag removal and fissurectomy. I was really hoping I would be much better off by now but my bum is still burning and in pain after a BM. I only took a week off of work for this and there is no way I can go into the office on Monday so I am going to work from hom next week so I can do sitz as needed. Does anyone know how long this takes to heal after the surgery or what can be done for the burning or itching? I am somewhat encouraged becuase the pain is not as bad as before surgery but I just want this to be over.
Thanks
Chris :)
brownch

Postby 44alegna44 » 19 Feb 2012, 14:13

lory, just wondering if you've had your post-op appt. with your crs yet and/or asked the doctor if the burning seems reasonable at this point after surgery? my post-op appt. is next monday and i will definitely address the burning issue if it is still persisting, but today is day 9 and i feeling better than yesterday, this morning i was able to feel relief from the bm much sooner than the previous days and it has been less of a nuisance as of this afternoon :) hope todays a little better for you too! angel
44alegna44
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 9

Postby Quiggles » 19 Feb 2012, 14:57

Hi Angel I am feeling better as of yesterday not as persistent burning just a bit of uncomfortableness. I have my appt on the 28th so will ask about it but I need to keep up with my sitz baths too seem to put them off and they really seem to help. I hope you are feeling better from this point on.
Chris, everyone on this forum has always said everyone heals differently and at their own pace. I was off work for 2 weeks and worked last week but ended up having to reduce my hours. The sitting is just aggravating. Hope you are feeling better today. Also any questions feel free to message.
Quiggles
Salt Bather

Topics: 8