CRS told me my fissure is healed, but I don't feel healed?

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

CRS told me my fissure is healed, but I don't feel healed?

Postby Morningstar » 22 Feb 2012, 15:03

Well as promised, I came back to update on my progress :)
Basically I saw my CRS again 9 weeks post-op and he told me that I am great and that everything has healed! He even told me I don't need to do Sitz baths anymore but that is probably because he saw that my bottom was already almost black :(
Now the problem is I am still experiencing significant discomfort when I am lying in bed on my back (with the laptop of course). Also, when I sometimes sit for a prolong period of time I also experience discomfort. It is hard to describe, basically tightness with and occasionally painful pang.
Fortunately I have no pain during bowel movements or when i do light exercise.
I am not sure what to think anymore, I am hoping one day to be 100% like before! I have no idea what could be causing my discomfort?
Ps. For those still considering surgery, like I said the surgery itself was literally nothing for me and I never had any incontinence :)! I don't know yet if we ever get to 100% as before the surgery, but I would do it again in a heartbeat!
Living with an active fissure for years, pftttt that is just crazy :)!
Morningstar
Fibre Addict

Topics: 4

Re: CRS told me my fissure is healed, but I don't feel healed?

Postby workingonit » 22 Feb 2012, 15:47

Do you think it could be pain from the scar?
Perhaps some scar cream/oil like vitamin e massaged on it might help?
glad you are healed otherwise though! congrats!
-Tanya
workingonit
VIP

Topics: 34

Postby Morningstar » 22 Feb 2012, 15:58

Thanks Tanya,
I am not sure, I believe my discomfort when lying on my back started somewhere around the time of my first Botox injection and frequent sitz baths. My new theory is that the fact that my bottom is chard crisp :) might have to do something with the discomfort. However I really have no idea and i am hoping somebody else on the board had similar experience and the solution. I will definitely try the massage as well :)!
However, I am just reading the General Discussion and immediately I feel the best I ever felt in my life :)! I honestly have my life back now and just remembering the ups and downs over the months living with an active anal fissure makes me shiver! My discomfort seems like a minor nitpicking compared to that :)!
Morningstar
Fibre Addict

Topics: 4

Postby Arafat » 24 Feb 2012, 08:22

Hey Morningstar, i totally understand what ur saying! My doc just 2 days ago said my fissure and fistula wounds were completely healed (6 weeks post op) but i do not feel 100%. There is still some tightness and tenderness especially at the fissure incision site and just a teeny bit of drainage as well. My doc wasnt concerned so i guess i can just hope n pray everything IS alright!
Arafat
Salt Bather

Topics: 2