One day after anal polyp/papillae surgery

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

One day after anal polyp/papillae surgery

Postby decthirty » 28 Feb 2012, 17:58

After suffering from months of pain when having BMs, I had surgery yesterday.
My problem was a large polyp/ aka papillae that was prolapsing every time I had a BM. I would have to push it back in after the BM. There was intense pain during the BM and afterwards for about 8 hours. It was all consuming and was ruining my life. My doctor prescribed me diltiazem for what he thought were anal fissures (since polyps are suppose to be painless). But it was not helping at all.
My CRS removed the polyp/papillae yesterday. I was in and out of the hospital within 4 hours. I was done with a spinal. The doctor mentioned that I still had two small fissures that he hoped would resolve on their own now that my polyp was removed.
The procedure was pain free - the only painful parts were the IV and the spinal (despite being given a local before the spinal).
I was fine afterwards. A little sore where the spinal was injected and the IV site.
I took the prescribed motrin before going to sleep as well as my usual magnesium citrate pill (not prescribed).
I took another magnesium citrate pill this morning, and another motrin, before my morning BM. I was terrified but it was fine. Much better than the past several months of BMs and no blood - just a little sore. I took a hot bath afterwards, although I don't know that I actually needed it. I think I'll go back to work tomorrow.
Does anyone know whether there is any problem with taking magnesium citrate pills indefinitely? I can't imagine trying to have a BM without it.
decthirty

Topics: 2

Re: One day after anal polyp/papillae surgery

Postby workingonit » 01 Mar 2012, 20:21

Hey Decthirty,
That's great that you finally got that fixed!!
Congrats :)
I know people who took magnesium at high doses for years with no ill effects.
I don't know, did you google it?
I think you would have to take quite a bit!
Have you tried prune juice? I find it works much the same for me.
But most people are magnesium deficient now-a-days anyways.
-Tanya
workingonit
VIP

Topics: 34