My Not LIS Diary - My AF Excision Diary

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Re: My Not LIS Diary - My AF Excision Diary

Postby Savaici » 19 Mar 2012, 08:54

Happy Birthday for yesterday, Linda! D hope that all is going well and look forward to following your road to recovery! Image Big hug!!!
Savaici
Administrator

Topics: 222

Postby lindwe » 19 Mar 2012, 12:56

Thanks guys for all your support xxx
lindwe
Salt Bather

Topics: 3

Day 3 - Monday

Postby lindwe » 19 Mar 2012, 16:46

Hi All
Day 3 - where does the time go?
Today I have been in less pain again. I woke at 5am for a wee and didn't need any pain killers. My other half brought me tea & toast just before 8 so I had some then, although I wasn't in pain, just playing it safe. I had a BM about 15 mins later, very watery, but no pain. Soak & bathe, soak & bathe. I had no pain build up afterwards either which was good. My husband went to work once I was showered & dressed leaving instructions to 'not do too much' & 'phone if there are any probs'.
Define 'not too much'. I thought I took it quite easy. One load of washing done & out on the line. Sorted the kitchen nearer to my standard! Put the kettle on when a friend dropped by for a chat for an hour. Nothing else, honest. I sat down to a sandwich at lunch and felt totally wiped out. No pain, or real discomfort, just really, really tired. I had been going to go for a little walk in the spring sunshine but the thought of having to get properly dressed (ie underwear - I don't want to frighten the horses - shoes, coat)made me go and share the duvet with the cat. So pain free does not mean I can act like a prat apparently.

In an attempt to firm (a little) the BM I had a real meal of chicken & mushroom pie & veggies. I'll continue with the Movicol x 2, fruit etc as I need the prolapse to heal as well as the excision. I'm still bleeding/ weeping a little but trying to air dry it. I've just taken some Ibuprofen & paras as I can feel a few 'deep' twinges. I see my crs on Friday so I'll about the watery poop if it's still an issue.
So I'm now off for a relaxing bath and sleep.
Wishing you all a pain free night's sleep and a healing rear end
Linda
lindwe
Salt Bather

Postby Davo » 19 Mar 2012, 17:25

Lindwe,
You seem to be on the mend which is great news, hopefully the end of your fissure is in sight... Are you still planning on that huge glass of red?
I wish i had a note instructing me to take it easy :( I have been brain washed into becoming a personal slave. I no longer wake with the fear of the fissure, now its the fear of what she is going to make me do next!
Your husband sounds great by the way, if he ever fancies popping into London on the train one morning i'd welcome a cuppa and a slice of toast too.
Take it easy
Davo
Davo

Topics: 42

Postby rasmith3530 » 19 Mar 2012, 21:35

Yes Linda, and if ever he should pop on a plane to jump the big puddle to grace the Windy City, I could use tea and toast as well! Sorry, but could not resist after reading Davo's comment.
I'm glad to hear that you're doing well. As much as you can, do take it easy. Although my recovery hasn't been bad, I am guessing that it would have been even better if I had not been going to the day hospital program every day right out of surgery.
Also, as I learned the hard way, stay away, far away, from hot peppers!
Take care and be well.
rasmith3530
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 10

He's not a saint you know!

Postby lindwe » 20 Mar 2012, 04:52

Now listen guys just 'cos the other half brings me tea & toast does not mean he's ready for canonization ok. It's a guilt reflex. This is the man who, when I broke my ankle in the summer, went to Thailand three days later. He said, and I quote, "I thought you were coping".
Actually Thailand may well have been a big consideration in the stress in my life that helped the old AF kick off on a regular basis. My husband has spent the last few years working in Thailand on regular basis. Actually 'regular' I could have handled it was the frequent, short notice, unspecified time that stressed me out. I look back and the AF episodes follow within a day or two or J hopping on a plane. Oh and I do know it's no picnic for him either. This year was supposed to better. So far there have been 3 to Thailand, 2 to Malaysia and 1 to Switzerland.
Ok pardon my rant.
lindwe
Salt Bather

Day 4 - Tuesday

Postby lindwe » 20 Mar 2012, 16:35

Another day gone by and another day closer to healing I hope.
I have been a bit sore today. I think it started this morning when I had my BM and I couldn't get to 'my' bathroom straight away so I couldn't have a soak. He may bring tea and toast but sometimes he's in the wrong place at the wrong time. I must have been over enthusiastic trying to clean the area without lots of water. I washed more gently and had a soak about 15 mins later but I had started to feel uncomfortable by then. In future I'll be more gentle and wait to get really clean a little later. Ah well live and learn. Tonight I will leave the portable bidet in the downstairs loo in case the bathroom is engaged. I think the hint is in the name - I should have thought of it before.
On the BM front it was not as watery as yesterday and neither was it painful so having a 'real' meal last night hasn't done me any harm. Long may it continue.
Had a rather nice chicken breast wrapped in pancetta with salad tonight. Yummy! Still working up to that glass of wine. Might wait until the weekend (might not!).
So that's Day 5. I'm hoping for a little more energy tomorrow as I'd like to get out of the house for a little while. Must remember to put some undies on...
lindwe
Salt Bather

Postby 44alegna44 » 20 Mar 2012, 17:44

sounds like things are progressing nicely linda, great to hear! just in case you're not ready, i'll have a glass of wine on your behalf this weekend.....CHEERS!
best wishes, angel :)
44alegna44
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 9

Postby workingonit » 20 Mar 2012, 21:00

Linda,
That's great that you are doing so well so quickly!
I love your flowers pic too. It cheers me up.
:)
-Tanya
workingonit
VIP

Topics: 34

Postby rasmith3530 » 21 Mar 2012, 00:38

Glad to hear that you are coming right along, just remember not to rush anything. Take care.
rasmith3530
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 10