4 weeks postop fissurectomy with LIS

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Re: 4 weeks postop fissurectomy with LIS

Postby suzyljank » 02 Jan 2013, 10:32

Hi, Anya. So sorry your surgery didn't work. The advancement flap surgery should help you. It's supposed to introduce new tissue into the anal canal to help it stretch without tearing. After a fissure tears, heals and retears scar tissue causes lots of trouble because it isn't elastic. I'm in the same position as you are. Just working up the courage to do it. I hope your surgery goes well and you have a speedy recovery and can finally go to the bathroom without a worry. Starting out the new year with a better butt is a good goal. All the best Suzy
suzyljank

Topics: 23
Mood: very optimistic

Re: 4 weeks postop fissurectomy with LIS

Postby Anya324 » 02 Jan 2013, 12:25

It is disappointing but it's pretty much completely my fault. I don't take care of myself like I should when I feel good. In the beginning, I took all the meds and did the sitz baths and such but as soon as the pain was forgotten so was the coliace and baths and drinking tobs of water. I also had an incredibly difficult time managing my stool consistency. I love Miralax because there's no q it works but no matter how little of it I take I still end up with soft, gooey stools. This is not good for my bum at all. It burns like the dickens. I really wanna figure out what the "anal fissure diet" really is and see if I can follow that and get my BMs in order before I have surgery again. Although, no coffee is a no go for this momma. Plus, coffee helps me go sometimes so...
I am putting off surgery for a few months cuz I am not in a ton of discomfort and we have a vaca planned end of Jan. and family coming to visit Feb. looking at end of feb or whenever I can get my poops "right" hehe
Anya324
Salt Bather

Topics: 8