4 weeks postop fissurectomy with LIS

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

4 weeks postop fissurectomy with LIS

Postby Anya324 » 12 Nov 2012, 22:01

Hey guys and gals! Things were going pretty well for me until Sunday. I hadn't had a BM for 3 full days so when I finally did Sunday the was lots of bright red blood. "Hanging head in shame". I don't drink enough water. I forget. And now I'm paying for it. I happened to have a postop follow up with my CRS today which was a blessing cuz he was able to see it at its worst. He said that i had ripped the top part of the incision and he really needed to fix it. He gave me the option to wait it out and see if it would close on its own but I opted to let him stitch it up today. While he was there this blessed man removed the external skintag that was caused by the surgery. I was asking him if there was some way to get rid of it on r things were calm down there and he says "it's gone baby girl" <3! Love him!!! It was so hard to get clean down there and the thing would get swollen and rub the tissue site-arghhhhh! I'm so glad it's gone now and I can heal up down there all at once.
So, that's my story! I have to find ways to ways to remember to drink more water though out the day, not just at night. And I still have to figure out how to achieve a soft NOT GOOEY stool..... Sigh. I wonder if I should stop the Miralax all together and try stool softeners? I used them years ago but had to take 6-8 A DAY to work. But again, not drinking enough water... Grrrrr!!!
Anya324
Salt Bather

Topics: 8

Re: 4 weeks postop fissurectomy with LIS

Postby suzyljank » 13 Nov 2012, 09:41

Hi, sorry you tore again. I have the same problem as you, drinking enough liquid. I drink powerade and benefiber daily so I have to set my bottles up the night before so I don't forget to drink. My husband is really good about reminding me to. I would stick with the miralax, it's safe enough to use daily and if you notice your bms are getting too hard it's really easy to adjust the amount to get the consistency you want. Stool softeners never worked for me. I hope you're not in pain and you heal quickly, the LIS you had should help with that. Wishing you a speedy recovery, Suzy.
suzyljank

Topics: 23
Mood: very optimistic

Postby Anya324 » 13 Nov 2012, 21:08

Thanks Suzy! I am sad to say that I am in a lot of pain. It feels like the fissurectomy all over again :( so depressing!! I am using Konsyl now instead of Citrucel so I'm going to avoid the Miralax all together and drink loads of water and see if that works. My stools, no matter how little I take, are too gooey and it makes me burn like crazy.
I had to do an enema this morning cuz I was so stressed out and uncomfortable that my anus just wouldn't relax enough to let the stool out. Dr said its better to do that than sit for too long or push. He also called me in some pain meds (I heart toradol!) and said I can use the dia-blahblahblah cream. I need to do more sitz baths too... I hate them! But they're good for me :)
Anya324
Salt Bather

Postby ryanman0 » 19 Nov 2012, 15:29

Hi Anya. I just wanted to check in to see if you were doing any better now? Hopefully you are! Thanks, Ryan
ryanman0
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 1

Postby Anya324 » 19 Nov 2012, 22:21

You're so sweet Ryan! And since you asked...
My biggest issue right now is I just don't drink enough water. There are severally reasons for this that mostly boil down to excuses. I either forget or the kids take my drink. So this produces disjointed stools that aren't friendly to pass. Sigh. I need a "beer hat" that I can fill with water so that ill have it with me at all times and the kids can't steal it! Hehe.
I am barely bleeding with the BM so I suppose that's a good sign but I feel like it is still more open than it should be up there. I go back to we the CRS next week (mon I think) so he'll be able to tell me what's going on.
I really want to figure out how to train my body to have nighttime BMs. If I could poo around 9/10pm and then stay off my feel for 8+ hrs I'd be golden. Going at 9am means a rushed sitz and then chasing toddlers all day. Constant friction and pressure after its been opened up every day can't be good.
I'm using that cream again...dia---- something or other. I think that CRS did the tiniest LIS in history and that's another reason why I'm not healing as quickly as I should be. I may grill him next week about it although he said it would be small so I can't be too upset.
I feel like I'm rambling... How are you feeling? I remenber reading that you didn't do well riding in the car-how's that going? Back at the gym yet? (I'm sure that's a resounding YES!-haha).
Thanks for checking in on me!!
Anya324
Salt Bather

Postby ryanman0 » 24 Nov 2012, 18:49

I'm doing fine. I am having some pain over the last couple of days which I just blogged about. I am not drinking as much water as I was before either. It is hard to stay consistent about it. Life gets so busy. I think my biggest problem is trying to keep my stools from being so thick.
I'm glad you are no longer bleeding a lot and hope you get better with the pain. I'm not really having any more issues with the car rides or the workouts.
Also, my CRS said he made a small cut also. I think they are just trying to error on the small side to avoid leaving someone permanently incontinent.
Anya324 wrote:You're so sweet Ryan! And since you asked...
My biggest issue right now is I just don't drink enough water. There are severally reasons for this that mostly boil down to excuses. I either forget or the kids take my drink. So this produces disjointed stools that aren't friendly to pass. Sigh. I need a "beer hat" that I can fill with water so that ill have it with me at all times and the kids can't steal it! Hehe.
I am barely bleeding with the BM so I suppose that's a good sign but I feel like it is still more open than it should be up there. I go back to we the CRS next week (mon I think) so he'll be able to tell me what's going on.
I really want to figure out how to train my body to have nighttime BMs. If I could poo around 9/10pm and then stay off my feel for 8+ hrs I'd be golden. Going at 9am means a rushed sitz and then chasing toddlers all day. Constant friction and pressure after its been opened up every day can't be good.
I'm using that cream again...dia---- something or other. I think that CRS did the tiniest LIS in history and that's another reason why I'm not healing as quickly as I should be. I may grill him next week about it although he said it would be small so I can't be too upset.
I feel like I'm rambling... How are you feeling? I remenber reading that you didn't do well riding in the car-how's that going? Back at the gym yet? (I'm sure that's a resounding YES!-haha).
Thanks for checking in on me!!
ryanman0
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 1

Postby Anya324 » 25 Nov 2012, 10:24

Things aren't going well for me. I can't seem to get my stool thin enough so the site (fissure/fissurectomy) isn healing. It's not bleeding like it was but I fear that the CRS is going to have to do the v-y advancement flap in the future to fix it. I also think that I have a new fissure on the oposite side of the old one.... This really bites! Trying to stay positive but I'm starting to panic.....
Anya324
Salt Bather

Postby suzyljank » 25 Nov 2012, 11:07

So sorry for all your setbacks. I'm kind of in the same place as you are. I had LIS more than 4 years ago, kept my bms soft and easy to pass, eat a good diet but the area has a lot of scar tissue and doesn't stretch like it's supposed to. I have skin tags but my CRS told me not to remove them because they sometimes don't heal and you can get a skin tag from the removal of one and more scar tissue just makes things worse. He suggest a U shape flap advancement but I'm a big chicken. I've heard the pain is pretty bad and I don't do well on opiates, they make me sick. So I've been toughing it out. I have a great husband who understands and that helps too. I did talk to a nice woman who had the house advancement flap and she talked me through the whole procedure, she did great and said it was the best thing she ever did. But I've read some real horror stories about the surgery too. I wish you all the best and hope that you can get some resolution soon. Try not to panick, jsut take it a day at a time.
suzyljank

Topics: 23
Mood: very optimistic

Postby Anya324 » 02 Jan 2013, 00:27

Went to CRS on the 24th and he says its time for the advancement flap..... Image
Anya324
Salt Bather

Postby owmybum » 02 Jan 2013, 04:28

Oh anya... I'm so sorry your surgery didn't work out for you, this must come as such a disappointing blow.
OMB xxx
fissure after hem banding and tag removal feb 11
Pelvic floor therapy
Diltiazem
Botox June 13
Nitro
Internal flap July 14
EUA and polyps removed Nov 14
Diagnosed with neuropathy Jan 15
Diagnosed with HS EDS type 3 (causes poor wound healing )
owmybum

Topics: 42
Mood: UGH !