Traveling for surgery

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Re: Traveling for surgery

Postby andyk123 » 26 Jun 2013, 13:03

Thanks ever the optimist, I have never heard of someone healing naturally after so long!
I still check this website every now and then, hopefully I can help a few who have had a failed LIS. I will make a detailed success thread eventually, but i feel i would be jinxing myself if i did it now ?!
It is 3 months today since my surgery, still no fissure pain. My incision scar is still sensitive though. I generally have no problems, its only when I go more than twice in a day, or if I have to go in work, the toilet paper there is so crap! So its not the actual bowel movement that irritates me, it is the wiping. Im sure over time it will become less sensitive, but it doesn't impact my life at all really.
I still am very careful with fibre and water intake, but i will now allow myself treats. I have eaten indians, steak, fish and chips, mexican food. I just make sure I counter act it with plenty of fibre spread out the day.
Davo, I had 2 pizza slices a few weeks ago...and I enjoyed them aloooooooooot. I was too nervous to eat any more haha!
andyk123
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 12

Postby aimonaali » 26 Jun 2013, 13:11

Thank you for keeping us posted. I myself have had LIS that didn't completely cure my fissure and I might have to have another surgery one day:/ The first one left me with a bit of leakage and I have to wipe twice after having a BM. Do you have any issues with leakage andyk123? Also the incision site is still hurting. So now it's like having two fissures and a leaking ass:( Did they do the other LIS on the same place as the first one or on the oher side?
aimonaali
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 15

Postby andyk123 » 26 Jun 2013, 14:53

How long ago did you have surgery aimonalli?
Fortunately I dont have leakage. It does take slightly longer to wipe clean though. I think its because the BM is not pushed out quite as effectively prior to surgery?
If you have leakage, that would suggest your sphincter is already quite loose.
Either way if you are still suffering you should not give up. A pressure test and an ultrasound will assess whether you are a candidate for repeat surgery. And if you arent there are other options - botox, fissurectomy. I would find a different surgeon with a new perspective.
I have read they usualy do a repeat surgery on the opposite side. My surgeon did it on the same side though. He wanted to see the muscle that had been cut to see what state it was in.
andyk123
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 12

Postby aimonaali » 27 Jun 2013, 09:22

It's been about seven months since I had LIS. I can't figure out what went wrong with my surgery. The leakage seems to indicate that the sphinchter is loose, but the CRS said that the re-opening of the fissure in an examination indicates that it's still tight. I don't either know what to make of the fact that the incision site is still giving me trouble. It's apparently too small to cure the fissure and at the same time too deep to heal:/
aimonaali
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 15

Postby owmybum » 27 Jun 2013, 10:48

Andy... Sorry... I have replied to you on my thread!!
OMB x
fissure after hem banding and tag removal feb 11
Pelvic floor therapy
Diltiazem
Botox June 13
Nitro
Internal flap July 14
EUA and polyps removed Nov 14
Diagnosed with neuropathy Jan 15
Diagnosed with HS EDS type 3 (causes poor wound healing )
owmybum

Topics: 42
Mood: UGH !