Six weeks post: Pain near incision site?

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Six weeks post: Pain near incision site?

Postby vdb324 » 08 May 2014, 17:41

Hey!

I am six weeks post-LIS this week. I've noticed a pain the last two days near my bum, usually just in the evening. It feels different than the AF pain, and I have not had AF pain in weeks. It seems to becoming from my life side, the side of my incision.

It seems strange that there would be an infection just starting now.
The only other things I can think of are a) just trapped gas or b) some nerve is bothered from a deep tissue massage I had done for another problem.

Any ideas?
Feb. 2013 - Developed AF
July 2013 - Diagnosed AF;nifidepine lidocaine treatment
Oct. 2013 - 1st round of Botox & skin tag removal
Dec. 2013 - 2nd Botox
March 2014 - Spinchterotomy
June 2015 - Diagnosed with Pelvic Floor Dysfunction/Vulvodynia
vdb324
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 52

Re: Six weeks post: Pain near incision site?

Postby agnibeat » 11 May 2014, 15:19

vdb324 wrote:Hey!

I am six weeks post-LIS this week. I've noticed a pain the last two days near my bum, usually just in the evening. It feels different than the AF pain, and I have not had AF pain in weeks. It seems to becoming from my life side, the side of my incision.

It seems strange that there would be an infection just starting now.
The only other things I can think of are a) just trapped gas or b) some nerve is bothered from a deep tissue massage I had done for another problem.

Any ideas?

Looks like we had LIS around the same date (a day or two ahead or behind schedule). No pain at incision site.
Have you been sitting /sleeping normally putting pressure on your bum? If so don't do that. Try to sleep on the side and sit on the side as well.. Tough to do but helps rest and recover fast.
agnibeat
Fibre Addict

Topics: 1

Postby vdb324 » 11 May 2014, 16:06

Thanks, agni. How are you doing?

I think it may have been a massage I had done that just put extra pressure there. It has been much better day three on out post-massage.
Feb. 2013 - Developed AF
July 2013 - Diagnosed AF;nifidepine lidocaine treatment
Oct. 2013 - 1st round of Botox & skin tag removal
Dec. 2013 - 2nd Botox
March 2014 - Spinchterotomy
June 2015 - Diagnosed with Pelvic Floor Dysfunction/Vulvodynia
vdb324
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 52

Postby agnibeat » 15 May 2014, 18:14

I am doing fine. I took a two day trip for business and sitting 2 hours in the flight and 8 hours in the day in the business meeting so little tired. But I took care not put pressure on bum while sitting..
Also another tip - Do not exercise or lift weights or do not walk unless avoidable. Walking-running causes chaffing and can re-tear. it takes good 6 months for the skin to get real strong. Even after incision site recovers the skin is very soft - so extra care for 6 months :) I still use a surgical pad when sitting down to cushion the bum It feels good and takes extra care.
agnibeat
Fibre Addict

Topics: 1