LIS surgery and skin tag removal

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Re: LIS surgery and skin tag removal

Postby Roidsfizzman » 11 Jul 2014, 10:39

SB2,

I will answer you in my dairy section as we do not want to take over Had's thread.
Roidsfizzman
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 4

Postby Deleted User 3712 » 11 Jul 2014, 12:35

Don't worry.....u can hack my thread ;) RF, u mentioned that you had the scar tissue and the hood removed too. By hood, do you mean the sentinel pile? My CRS told me that he removed scar tissue and the skin tag as well. Still no bleeding, but just got a tooth ache from hell, so that's kind of taken off my focus from the AF surgery lol
Deleted User 3712

Postby Roidsfizzman » 11 Jul 2014, 13:14

Hi Had,

Yes, the hood was a sentinel pile over part of the fissure. Looks like you will be making a trip to the dentist.
Roidsfizzman
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Deleted User 3712 » 12 Jul 2014, 12:21

Day 5: All I can say is wow! The pain is completely gone, not even stinging with BM's. Had just 1 BM today and the urgency seemed a lot less than yesterday, so fear of incontinence is gone. Had a follow up today with my CRS. He checked and said it looks like it's already healing quite a bit. Also, the site of the skin tag removal is looking smooth and also healing well. Since having LIS 5 days ago, I haven't had any sort of bleeding, just a bit of a stinging sensation on day 3, which quickly went away.

All I can is anyone who is considering to have LIS done....GO FOR IT! Haven't been this happy in a long time :)
Deleted User 3712

Postby Deleted User 3712 » 14 Jul 2014, 11:16

Day 7: still have no pain with BM's and also pain free throughout the day/night. Today I plucked up the courage to look at my backside to see what it looks like. No sign of any skin tags, but I can see quite a deep cut just outside the opening of the anus, which wasn't there before. Is this the incision site??? I thaught that the incision site should be inside and not so easily visible? Feeling confused :/
Deleted User 3712

Postby Roidsfizzman » 14 Jul 2014, 12:39

Hi Had,

The LIS incision in typically on the left side at 9 o'clock and is visible on the outside of the anus. It could be on the right side at 3'o'clock if there was a reason not to make the incision on the left side. Be careful when poking around as the area is still fresh and not fully healed.
Roidsfizzman
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Deleted User 3712 » 15 Jul 2014, 04:51

Hi RFM!

Thank you for your advice and info. Much appreciated :) Do you know how long the incision site normally takes to heal?
Deleted User 3712

Postby Roidsfizzman » 15 Jul 2014, 14:20

Hi Had,

The stiches should dissolve in 2 or 3 weeks and it will take another 2 or 3 weeks for the skin to get its strength back.
Roidsfizzman
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Deleted User 3712 » 15 Jul 2014, 14:46

Thanks rfm :) I didn't have any stitches. My crs left an open wound. It looks a bit deep but dried out, ie no bleeding or mucous present. I was on antibiotics for the past week to avoid infection.
Deleted User 3712

Postby Deleted User 3712 » 16 Jul 2014, 03:30

Still doing well with regards to having painless bm's. I've been to the dentist and he has put me on a 5 day course of amoxicillin antibiotics to clear a tooth infection. I'm on the second day of taking this medication and now it's given me diarrhea. I'm a bit worried that having diarrhea might affect the healing of the Lis incision wound. I don't think that I should stop the antibiotics as I don't want to become resistant to antibiotics in the future. Any ideas if having diarrhea is harmful to healing after Lis?
Deleted User 3712