21 days post op update

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

21 days post op update

Postby Fissulyna » 10 Jan 2008, 15:18

Yes, it's been already 3 weeks since I hoped on that table Image !!!
I can eat everything but I still avoid spices since I suspect that my fissure is not completely closed. I take metamucil - 1 tsp with breakfast and diner. I have no problems with continence, not even close to that. To be honest I wish my sphincter is little bit looser Image . Because of that I decided to continue to use Nefidepamine cream for a while.
I have minimal discomfort going poop - small pinch "of something" on my left side occasionally - maybe it is from incision itself , somewhere inside since I was cut on the left side by the anus.
Swelling is gone except in one skin tag that is above original fissure - I am sure it would be gone too if they did not perform fissurectomy . It is getting smaller but there is mild pain if I touch it .
My butt feels best if I am standing or walking - does not like to be seated - than there is some prickly feeling in the outside skin. But, I sit...it has to get used to stuff ; ).
All in all, although steps are small, still the direction is "forward "
Dreaming of a day when this will be distance memory and nightmare that I wish never happened :koolaid:
LOVE TO ALL :arwen:
Fissulyna
VIP

Topics: 61

Re: 21 days post op update

Postby buttgirl » 10 Jan 2008, 16:26

It sounds wonderful fiss, not ideal, but like a nice respite from pain.
I am seriously considering getting one. I plan to ask my new CRS about it. then again, my problems are really close to the outside, so he might just say nope.
buttgirl
King Fissure

Topics: 67

Postby Guest » 10 Jan 2008, 19:07

Fiss...
HEY that is wonderful! I am so glad for you. I am sure as time goes on you will feel better and pain free. No spicy for me either LOL. Just keep doing your routine. I am still using the Nefedipine also. I hope everyone starts to have pain free days.
Take Care,
:snn:
Patty

Postby Fissulyna » 10 Jan 2008, 20:59

Thank you buddies XOXO !!!!!
It would be 100 X harder to deal with all of this without you guys : ) !!!
I also hope that all our board members will find complete relief soon !!!!
LOVE TO ALL
Fissulyna
VIP

Postby Deleted User 5 » 10 Jan 2008, 21:10

Hey Fissy,
You will feel something (it felt like a strip of leather to me) up your anal canal, most likely. It has to be the incision healing. Unless it is very uncomfortable, I wouldn't worry too much. It will actually only last a week or so...
I am so happy you have made such fantastic progress! I think the nefedipine is a good idea!
Deleted User 5

Postby Guest » 11 Jan 2008, 09:41

It's great to hear you're doing better fissy :)
You keep on with those small steps and you'll be there before you know it!
Onwards and upwards xxxx

Postby happyass » 15 Jan 2008, 10:04

yeeeeeeeeeeeee.......
i hope you are feeling even better today than you were on 1/11!
progress maybe a snail's pace but the prize is precious!!!!
you'll get there fissy!
say no to hot spices! :-)
happyass
King Fissure

Topics: 74

Postby val » 15 Jan 2008, 14:22

I'm soooo glad your doing better Fiss, that day WILL come when this is a distant nightmare-hang in there gal!
val
King Fissure

Topics: 86

Postby Fissulyna » 15 Jan 2008, 16:35

Thanks everybody for nice wishes and support and believing in my complete healing one day XOXOOOO
I hope with all my heart that one day WE ALL will be free of the pain and be able to talk about this making jokes and laugh at all of the unpleasant stuff that we had to endure , compare silly concoctions and methods that we had to try to heal ourselves ; ) !
Looking forward to that day and having you all here is what gives me strength to plow "onwards and upwards" ; ))) !!!
LOVE TO ALL
Fissulyna
VIP

Postby Guest » 18 Jan 2008, 10:05

Just wanted to check in with you, Fiss and see how you are doing? Do you feel like things are still improving or have they plateaued from having the skin tag there? I know how irritating that can be. I think the word skintag is too benign for what it really is.
I read your check up is for the end of the month still? I hate that it has had to be in stages. I just want them to fix it up in one operation and not make you wait. I did have one go away after using aloe vera on it 3 times a day for months but the last one I had just would not go down no matter what I did.

Hang in there!