9 days post LIS

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

9 days post LIS

Postby Guest » 24 Jan 2008, 02:43

Hi everyone
I just registered in this forum about a week ago. Thanks for the kind words of support & advice I have received.
It's been 9 days since my LIS. The first 8 days were hell, especially BMs. The excrutiating pain makes me wonder what I've done to deserve such shocking pain. Today, though, my BM was a fraction less painful & I'm praying this will continue. My only respite from the agony seems to be the hot salty baths I've been having, about 3 per day. I've realised through reading the various posts in this forum that you are all very brave and resilient people, coping as well as you do, even with a bit of humour.
Keep on keeping on everyone and you are all in my prayers.
Regards
Brett

Re: 9 days post LIS

Postby Guest » 24 Jan 2008, 09:14

Thanks for the prayers!
Hang in there. Just keep with the baths and the diet and things will get better. Just remember healing a fissure is not an overnight thing. Its going to take awhile but if you stick to the routine, little by little things will get better.

Postby Guest » 24 Jan 2008, 10:40

Glad to hear that you had a small triumph on the potty today. I know how you feel. I was so exciting today because there was less blood in the bowl.

Bum is right-it will take some time because you still have a fissure and that can take 6-8 weeks to heal after surgery. But from what I am finding out here from our veterans is that most of them feel significantly better way before then and some notice immediate relief at least from the spasms.

Thanks for your prayers too. I pray for you boardies too!

Image Image

Postby happyass » 24 Jan 2008, 21:06

great update brett. continue the good work, eat the best foods to keep your stools soft, and just keep busy.
in no time, this will all be a faded memory....don't we wish?! hehehehehehe.....
happyass
King Fissure

Topics: 74

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?