Gay - Anal sex after fistula surgery

Don't know and don't want to ask

Fistula support sub forum. Are you having, or have you had surgery for a Fistula? Or are you just looking for information? We will help where we can and are here to offer support, member-to-member. Check out our Fistula Success Stories sub-forum too!!

Return to FISTULA - Are you having surgery for a Fistula or already had it?

Re: Gay - Anal sex after fistula surgery

Postby waves » 03 May 2017, 02:40

chillblue wrote:Hey Boardies!!!!

I had my LIS this morning at 7:45am. It didn't take that long, i was under general anesthesia so of course i didnt feel a thing. I took a percocet for pain, but i wont take anymore unless the pain gets really bad.. Since the numbing wore off it feels more of an aching, but we will see. I just hope this will get me back to a normal life. keep you guys posted!!!!! :)

hey chillblue
congratulations I guess :) let's hope everything will heal off perfectly. Yes please keep us posted, I'm beyond curious to read about your healing process!
waves
Salt Bather

Topics: 10

Postby waves » 03 May 2017, 02:49

I read in another post from another user that she was able to completely cure her chronic fissure of 12 months and she was even able to get the scar/tear completely healed. Apparently after a few months of rigorous coconut oil application to the wound the scar eventually completely disappeared and the tissue turned back soft to a pre-fissure state!
I was so happy to read this and it made me hopeful that we can achieve this, too.
I'm (still) completely pain free but occasionally have a few drops of blood in the cotton balls I put in my bum during the night/day. Especially in the morning I notice some blood in the cottons. Often in the evening when I check the cottons there's no blood at all. I wonder why I keep having blood after sleeping.
so far I don't dare to have anal sex because last fall I tried it a few times and every time I was bleeding (sometimes quite a lot) out of my ass.
Situation has improved a lot since then but I still am too afraid to try anal sex since I still have the tear inside and some scaring. Although I have to say the hypertrophied papillae I had has shrunk in size and is almost gone completely now. Now just left with the tear that also has gotten a bit thinner now. Still feels huge to me though when I feel with the finger.
I really hope that tear and scar can heal off completely. Until then I probably will have no sex life :-(
waves
Salt Bather

Postby chillblue » 03 May 2017, 16:26

Hi Waves,

Today marks day 5 since i have had LIS. I still feel tightness down there, and it really hurts to go to the bathroom. I am taking stool softeners and a fiber supplement after every meal, but i guess because the area is still healing because it feels hard when its coming out. But the consistency of the stool is soft and rubbery. Yesterday I struggled trying to move my bowels, and things got stuck, so i decided I would only go when there was the utmost urgency. Today I waited for that time, and man did i go. It was painful, and there was blood on the stool and a burning on the right side where the incision was made, and touching it with toilet paper i could see blood specs. Its crazy how it feels hard but the stool really isn't hard at all. I was also surprised at how much came out. Man was it alot lol. It didn't feel like that much when i was going but when i looked down after i was done, I was amazed lol. And i only felt pain and pressure from the incision site. Its hard to say if LIS is helping yet, being that the incision site is in the same area where i would always tear. But overall the pain has subsided quite a bit from Friday until now. The pain doesn't persist as long as it did after each bowel moment since the surgery, so I can tell I am healing. I feel like I am at a point where I dont need the gauze, unless i have a movement because that is what aggravates the area and causes it to discharge. But i am having hardly any discharge at this point. I am doing better but have a long way to go. I am looking forward to having a sex life again so i know the feeling. So coconut oil eh? How many times a day do you have to apply it? How many times a day???
chillblue
Salt Bather

Topics: 4

Postby waves » 04 May 2017, 01:53

chillblue,
Did the doctors say anything about how long the healing will take after LIS? I mean 1) until no pain anymore and 2) until it's fully "closed" and the scarring gone?
Does the scar even go away? what did the docs tell you?

Luckiyl I have zero pain during and after BM. Today it feels kind of sore though, but I never know if this is actual pain from the fissure or I just used a bit too much antiseptics (which burns like hell if used too much).
waves
Salt Bather

Postby chillblue » 04 May 2017, 12:11

My Doctor said healing should take 2-3 months all together. I will have a small scar from the LIS, but hopefully it wont affect anything. Everyone is different so its hard to tell. I went to the bathroom yesterday morning and havent had the urge to go since, so i am very afraid things are going to be extra hard and cause pain when it finally does come out. I may need to take something to make me go.
chillblue
Salt Bather

Postby waves » 04 May 2017, 13:37

you gotta tell me how much scar is left in 2-3 months from now. I'm most worried about having a scar that won't heal and keep ripping open after sex.

why don't you try what I usually do. when I have a BM I douche my butt like I would before sex. so I basically just "flush" out the poop. at the same time it relaxes the sphincter from the warm water.
waves
Salt Bather

Postby chillblue » 04 May 2017, 15:34

waves wrote:you gotta tell me how much scar is left in 2-3 months from now. I'm most worried about having a scar that won't heal and keep ripping open after sex.

why don't you try what I usually do. when I have a BM I douche my butt like I would before sex. so I basically just "flush" out the poop. at the same time it relaxes the sphincter from the warm water.

LOL.... Waves i cant do that. That area is very sensitive because I just had surgery. I can barely stand to touch it, let alone squeeze water up there. lol....
As far as the scarring, what you are describing with the constant tearing is what was happening to me. If I tried to have sex or had a bowel movement that was too big, the scarred area from a hemmorhoidectomy would tear and bleed. Not to mention it would itch and throb for no reason at all. I thought it would get better but it has only gotten worse. I am hoping the LIS will fix this. I tried botox which didn't do anything, and the nitro helped somewhat but that area was still painful during and after sex. Using nitro right before did make insertion easier though. Like it was before I had the hemorrhoid surgery that i could have done without. I wish I never had it because it created more issues than it helped. Had I not done that I would be just fine.

I assume the scar becomes a fissure when the scar tears lol.....but it heals up within a week and usually i am fine after that. Weird.
chillblue
Salt Bather

Postby waves » 05 May 2017, 06:39

I don't have constant tearing. Although I don't know it because I'm refraining from sex at the moment. Did you have retearing only after sex or in general at times?
today I didnt do anything to "treat" my fissure and then hours later I realized that I didn't notice anything of it. no discomfort or pain whatsoever. Put some coconut oil on nonetheless before to keep the area smooth for further healing.
waves
Salt Bather

Postby chillblue » 05 May 2017, 20:36

I wouldnt have sex for months at a time then try to have sex. The same area would always tear no matter how many months i waited or how slow i went.
chillblue
Salt Bather

Postby waves » 06 May 2017, 03:42

chillblue wrote:I wouldnt have sex for months at a time then try to have sex. The same area would always tear no matter how many months i waited or how slow i went.

crap :-(
I hope in my case it's different. if not, next step probably botox.
waves
Salt Bather