Gay - Anal sex after fistula surgery

Don't know and don't want to ask

Fistula support sub forum. Are you having, or have you had surgery for a Fistula? Or are you just looking for information? We will help where we can and are here to offer support, member-to-member. Check out our Fistula Success Stories sub-forum too!!

Return to FISTULA - Are you having surgery for a Fistula or already had it?

Gay - Anal sex after fistula surgery

Postby Lloyd31 » 28 Dec 2015, 20:02

Hey guys,

It's been almost 6 weeks since my surgery and I am feeling great! Looks like 4th time worked!!

I am a married gay male in the UK and me and my husband have not had penetrative anal sex for over a year due to me needing this surgery. He has been great and really supportive. I however have been quite miserable as I am the bottom in our relationship and I haven't been able to have sex.

So now I am feeling great I want to try slowly anal sex again. However I don't want to damage myself even more. The surgeon said I have healed really well and I feel great!

So how long should I leave it before trying?
Lloyd31
Fibre Addict

Topics: 4

Re: Gay - Anal sex after fistula surgery

Postby Savaici » 28 Dec 2015, 20:17

I healed with anal dilation, but I did it very very slowly, increasing the size of the dilators (pediatric ones) very gradually. You might want to do a search on here (using the search above between FAQ and portal, where you can search by topic) and see what others have done about anal sex after surgery.

Best of luck!
Savaici
Administrator

Topics: 222

Postby slpcc63 » 13 Jan 2016, 20:03

Lloyd31,
I was wondering if you had found any additional information or had given bottoming a shot? I'm a gay man who has had a fissure for about 8 years now, I've tried several treatments, and am having LIS a week from today. I'm pretty nervous about doing it and didn't think I would ever be able to bottom again. It's encouraging to hear that you are doing well, scary to think that you had to have the surgery 4 times for it to work...
slpcc63

Postby jph » 20 Feb 2016, 19:59

Saw this topic and wanted to chime in and throw a question out. I was mostly bottom until I got an anal fissure that I suffered through for over a year. After surgery (and nearly electing to go under the knife a second time because it still wasn't healing after the first one), and me basically just ceasing to pay it any attention for a while, it healed. I'd say I've been what *I* consider healed and fine for 6-8 months.

Now i'm starting to want to bottom again. I've tried a few times but every time, after a couple of minutes, it starts to feel like the other person is f****g me with sandpaper. I try to suffer through it but eventually I have to stop. It's not a matter of lube - I use PLENTY. It's not the fissure re-opening. I know enough now what a f**king fissure feels like. I end up being sore for a few days (it's a raw feeling), but then it's fine.

I have NO idea what could be causing this. It crossed my mind maybe there's scar tissue that's being irritated?

Anyone have any clues?
jph

Postby Hopeful1 » 21 Apr 2016, 12:36

Hey Jph,

Another gay guy here. I had LIS 5 weeks ago today, and I'm not planning to engage in anal sex for at least a year!

It seems anal fissures take around a year to completely heal. And tbh, healing this damn thing up is more important to me!

Good luck :)
Haemorrhoids: for about 8 years - lived with it
Rubber Band Ligation: Spring 2015
Anal Skin Tag Removal: Summer 2015 (missed sentinel pile)
Fissure diagnosed: Aug/Sep 2015
GTN unsuccessful
LIS: 17 March 2016
Hopeful1
Salt Bather

Topics: 2

Postby slpcc63 » 30 Apr 2016, 10:06

Hey guys, just an update on my operation. I had the operation on the 20th of January. As of Mid - March I was healed from the surgery itself, making bm's with no problem and not taking any medications to soften stool, kill pain, or anything. I started playing with small toys at that point to kinda get used to it again. Two weeks ago, I had anal sex for the first time, took it very slow and was cautious, but had no trouble with it! If you have any questions, I'm happy to answer.
slpcc63

Postby PotterGuy618 » 02 May 2016, 08:29

Hey slpcc63,

Had your fissures healed before your surgery or did they heal sometimes up until the first time you tried receptive anal sex again? Some posters say that you should give your fissures a whole year to heal so I'm just curious how long my sex life is going to be on hold after a LIS.

Thanks!
PotterGuy618

Postby Hopeful1 » 02 May 2016, 08:47

^^mine isn't on hold...I'm just learning to be a top instead for the mean time!
GTN unsuccessful
Hopeful1
Salt Bather

Postby PotterGuy618 » 03 May 2016, 11:43

^^^ Then i guess I should say "curious how long my bottoming sex life is gonna be on hold." haha. My bf and I are both verse, so it's not a big deal. I just want to bottom again.
PotterGuy618

Postby Hopeful1 » 03 May 2016, 12:28

I know the feeling! I'm just as curious to know as you are...but I'll be very wary for the first year anyhow, put it that way. I just can't wait to heal up and move on from this chapter of my life!
GTN unsuccessful
Hopeful1
Salt Bather