How to find best CRS in UK?

Fistula support sub forum. Are you having, or have you had surgery for a Fistula? Or are you just looking for information? We will help where we can and are here to offer support, member-to-member. Check out our Fistula Success Stories sub-forum too!!

Return to FISTULA - Are you having surgery for a Fistula or already had it?

Re: How to find best CRS in UK?

Postby Mypoorbutt » 25 Sep 2017, 05:27

Hi ouch I have sent you a PM but Mr Brown is amazing he has years of experience and has the best bedside manner I have seen. He will listen to you and if asked may transfer you onto his NHS list

I'm not sure if you can have LIS with a seton in place but you should be able to have Botox which really did give me a good few months of pain relief.
I had spasms that literally floored me for hours sometimes up to 24 hours after a BM till they stopped. I ended up losing 8 stone as I was just too scared to eat. (I had a lot spare though)
I'm not sure if your feeding your baby yourself but if not ask your GP about gabapentin it really did work for me literally halving the pain, nothing else came close to touching my spasms.
I truly don't know how you are managing with a new born. You must be really strong.
Keep going because this does get better
Mypoorbutt

Topics: 20

Re: How to find best CRS in UK?

Postby Ouch123 » 25 Sep 2017, 08:37

Thank you I got your email and replied.
I am breast feeding yes, it's the one thing I've been able to give to my baby when on my worse days i can't do much more. I look after her around 13 hours a day whilst hubby at work and unsure about being strong , more that I have no choice but to get on with it. she is the shinning light in all of this. I am extremely angry that mistakes made my professionals during my labour resulted in a hell of a lot of my issues!!
I'm so hopeful that Mr Brown can help me and it's good to know how lovely and helpful he is...
The other CRS suggested Botox but I've had it before and it helped short term but I'm thinking inneed LIS to solve it once and for all. It just depends what Mr Brown thinks needs treating first the fistulas or fissures, hard to know what's causing the most pain!

I'm hoping that 6 weeks is the max I would have to wait if you did this via NHS. Obviously would prefer not to have to pay private fees but at this rate I can't wait too much longer as it impacts my time
With my baby so much!

Again thanks for your reply!
Ouch123