74th Day post Fistulectomy

Fistula support sub forum. Are you having, or have you had surgery for a Fistula? Or are you just looking for information? We will help where we can and are here to offer support, member-to-member. Check out our Fistula Success Stories sub-forum too!!

Return to FISTULA - Are you having surgery for a Fistula or already had it?

Postby Fistulectomy_patient » 06 Apr 2017, 11:13

Hi guys,

I had surgery done for Fistula-in-ano with fissure-in-ano on Jan 23rd 2017.

The surgery I had was Fistulectomy and Fissurectomy since it was a low fistula(Stage II as per said by the doctor).

Till then everything had gone well except some minor discomforts and problems(not so serious or concerning).

The doc said that the wound healed pretty well in 4 weeks.

daily dressings were stopped 21 days post surgery.

Never felt high pain except some little discomfort.

Also i was able to sit for hours without any pain and discomfort.

Very minimal amount of discharge that doesnt stick to my clothes.

I am on 74th day post surgery.

Having sitz baths twice a day as suggested by doctor.

From the last 2 days i am feeling a little amount of occasional pain from the external opening of the wound. Especially when I cough I feel a small thorn touching the wound opening.
But the wound looks very healthy and fine when I see it.

The main strange thing I am seeing is some white soft mucal matter(like white blood cell) floating in water in sitz bath tub. Its not pure solid or liquid... isnt sticky when i felt it but can feel it with 2 of my fingers and can be stretched too. Some sort of non sticky soft matter. It is leaking from the wound(Mostly 1 particle to rarely 2 particles).

Does anyone had this similar kind of experience?? It this normal?? Its concerning me a bit.
Fistulectomy_patient

Topics: 1

Re: 74th Day post Fistulectomy

Postby asian » 06 May 2017, 05:02

Hi there,

I had a fistulotomy last March 1st and currently on my second month post Ops. I too have the same issue as yours; I see tiny spots of pus at least twice a day even up to now and although it doesn't smell, I'm wondering why I still have it as I've read in one of the threads here that it takes at least 2 months for the pus to completely stop.

Is anyone else having the same problem? My doctor said everything is fine but it makes me worried. Also, I'm not feeling anything itchy on the previous spot where I had a fistula however I do notice that the pus seems to come from that area still
asian

Re: 74th Day post Fistulectomy

Postby Fistulectomy_patient » 11 May 2017, 12:55

I found out that its a healthy discharge which comes out from the wound. It is different from pus. Coming to discharge, it depends on each person and how much surgery they had. The discharge will eventually reduce over time but dont expect that it will stop within 2 months. It depends on your immunity,surgery you had and the depth of wound.
Fistulectomy_patient

Topics: 1