superficial fistula recovery diary

Fistula support sub forum. Are you having, or have you had surgery for a Fistula? Or are you just looking for information? We will help where we can and are here to offer support, member-to-member. Check out our Fistula Success Stories sub-forum too!!

Return to FISTULA - Are you having surgery for a Fistula or already had it?

superficial fistula recovery diary

Postby fistulato » 16 Sep 2017, 12:12

hi all

reading a lot stories, enormous info, and several crs, finally decided to do my fistula surgery asap to have recovery till some travel (2 month).
LemonMan helped a lot with suggestions, thanks a lot

so, decided to do it on Thursday. hospital was full, and my crs had 9 ops that day, but i still got in.
Had spinal anesthesia, was awake and discussing things with crs. as he was sure before surgery, it was very close to skin, and very little impact to sphincter, just the tract went little far, about 10 cm from anus. he opened and left open, made few sticks to make skin little close together (not sticking up).

after 5 hours, leg nubness has gone and little pain started. easily mhanaged by dexalgine. actually, as it was clear late, it was a bandage sticked into wound that ached.

next day was discharged home. had 2 BM that day, I took dexalginee beforehand, but both went just smooth and no pain at all.

today is second day and no pain at all. doing some bathes and use some prescribed gells. wondering when I can sit comfortable
fistulato
Fibre Addict

Topics: 2

Re: superficial fistula recovery diary

Postby fistulato » 16 Sep 2017, 12:25

looking for some documentations for recovery tips, can I sit normally? (no pain with that)
should I sit on hard or on pillow? or ring shaped pillow should be used?
fistulato
Fibre Addict

Re: superficial fistula recovery diary

Postby fistulato » 20 Sep 2017, 04:37

its about day 6 now,
pain is only after BM for few mins, sitz bath helps
still uncomfortable to sit, but no pain on walking, wound drains normally
when do you people got back to work? Im already at work and trying to ease sitting :(
fistulato
Fibre Addict