Anal fistula surgery

Fistula - experience

Fistula support sub forum. Are you having, or have you had surgery for a Fistula? Or are you just looking for information? We will help where we can and are here to offer support, member-to-member. Check out our Fistula Success Stories sub-forum too!!

Return to FISTULA - Are you having surgery for a Fistula or already had it?

Anal fistula surgery

Postby Louise82 » 22 Oct 2017, 11:16

I was diagnosed with an anal fistula in Jan 2017 and had a seton fitted to help reduce the infection as the lift procedure was not able to take place due to this sitting on my muscle. I recently had surgery again in October 2017 and they planned to complete the lift procedure again. Unfortunately this procedure was to risky as they have found another fistula and placed another seton in. I have to go back in four weeks for a check up.
I often find that I smell even though I wash throughout the day. I find that there is quite a lot of discharge.
Can anyone give me any advice on anything that could help to prevent the smell and if there is anything that could prevent any More fistulas forming. I have been told that my recovery will e slow and could result in 2-3 more operations.

Many thanks
Louise82

Topics: 1

Re: Anal fistula surgery

Postby chachacha » 22 Oct 2017, 18:29

I'm so sorry that you've already had to go through so much, and still have surgeries ahead to get through as well.

There is anti-odour (both disposable and reusable) underwear out there, just google, so you can probably find something that suits your needs until all is well with your back end again.

Good luck and stay strong.
Fissure since about 2007
Fissure diagnosed in 2011
Diltiazem for two years - didn't work well
LIS January, 2015
Hemorrhoidectomy December, 2017
chachacha

Topics: 19

Re: Anal fistula surgery

Postby Louise82 » 25 Oct 2017, 15:16

Thanks for the advice, I will look into them
Louise82

Topics: 1

Return to FISTULA - Are you having surgery for a Fistula or already had it?