Reading on abscesses and fistulas

Fistula support sub forum. Are you having, or have you had surgery for a Fistula? Or are you just looking for information? We will help where we can and are here to offer support, member-to-member. Check out our Fistula Success Stories sub-forum too!!

Return to FISTULA - Are you having surgery for a Fistula or already had it?

Reading on abscesses and fistulas

Postby NeuropathicGuy » 18 May 2010, 22:12

Been reading some stuff about treating fistulas and thought I'd post it here in case anyone else is ever interested:
Using Flagyl to treat fistulas
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/3053871
Incision and drainage of perianal abscesses with and without fistulotomy at the same time (very good article with pictures and everything if you scroll down a few pages)
http://books.google.com/books?id=4ZEeXDuknU0C&pg=PA274&lpg=PA274&dq=primary+fistulotomy&source=bl&ots=_exmYfsTJK&sig=Egl_7EkyfhWucZ9EEsR8J33lIU8&hl=en&ei=C2LzS_moN5SKsgPetq3-Cw&sa=X&oi=book_result&ct=result&resnum=6&ved=0CD8Q6AEwBQ#v=onepage&q=primary%20fistulotomy&f=false
NeuropathicGuy
King Fissure

Topics: 45

Re: Reading on abscesses and fistulas

Postby brent1981 » 20 Nov 2020, 01:32

Thanks for sharing. As of November 11th, I've had a fistula. It's horrible. Pus and blood come out of it, and if I pass gas, I feel what feels like a bee sting as the gas is actually partly traveling through the fistula tunnel thing. Really sucks. I have now figured out to apply pressure with my finger on the fistula to stop that bee sting feeling so that the gas passes through the anus normally.

Can't wait to get surgery for this.
brent1981
Fibre Addict

Topics: 3

Re: Reading on abscesses and fistulas

Postby brent1981 » 30 Jun 2021, 21:45

Update: I got surgery.
brent1981
Fibre Addict

Topics: 3

Return to FISTULA - Are you having surgery for a Fistula or already had it?