Guess who's back, back, back...

my AF is, that's who :(

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Re: Guess who's back, back, back...

Postby Aliaa » 22 Oct 2016, 10:18

Hey Mae
How are you doing now?!
Aliaa
Salt Bather

Topics: 8

Postby Mae » 22 Oct 2016, 10:25

Thank you for asking! I think I'm okay but I'm not sure. I haven't been back to the CRS. I haven't had any pain or bleeding in months but I had a slightly uncomfortable feeling the other week because I had a very slowwwww peristalsis that felt like a lot of pressure was being put on the area for longer than it would have liked. There was a weird "stretching" feeling that wasn't painful per se but I knew that in that moment,if I were to strain even the slightest bit, the skin would re- tear. The area is asymptomatic but I can tell it's still fragile. I haven't been able to go a whole year without tearing yet. This has been going on since 2014. I guess that means it's a chronic fissure? Even though it heals up every time? I just hate the word chronic. Makes me scared. I prefer reoccurring. XP it only ever comes back because of my own stupidity (forgetting to drink enough water)
● Fissure first appeared Nov '14
● Cycle of healing and reappearing
● Using conservative methods (metamucil, managing anxiety)
Mae
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 38

Postby Aliaa » 22 Oct 2016, 10:38

I am so sorry for what you have been through. I know very well this hell. I have been 3 months off surgery now. The first 1.5-2 months were full of nightmares. I got constipated alooooooot post-op. I thought it had failed so I checked with another dr. He told me it didnot fail, but changed the stool softener I was taking. None of the stool softeners or fiber supplements my surgeon gave worked for me and I was constipating as hell. And of course keep retear ing my unhealed fissure. But the other dr told me to take Duphalac. And things become much much better. I won't say I am healed. I guess I am still having a long road. Considering that I feel the stinging feeling in my anus every time my period approaches and cannot sit down except on a foam pillow. And I still face mild pain down there when I sit anyway. But it is no way near what I was before surgery. But I at least sleep, no bleeding. Have you considered LIS?!!
Aliaa
Salt Bather

Postby Mae » 22 Oct 2016, 10:49

That sucks, I'm so sorry. Glad you're feeling better though. I have not considered LIS, no. Mostly because my fissure is not an issue the majority of the time. I don't have the horrible, chronic pain that most people on this forum talk about. That's what's so confusing to me. I'm not even sure if the fissure is still even there. I know I have skin tags but that's all I can see. But I couldn't even see the fissure back when it was bad. So maybe I just need to go to a doctor again to get confirmation on its status. I'm scared of a digital exam though because if it is still as fragile as I think,I don't want anyone reopening it.

This may be tmi but on metamucil my bm's have ranged from diarrhea to perfect "s shaped" poop, to "one step away from hard/constipated" and sometimes they're very bulky. None of these cause any symptoms for me. The *only* time I have problems is in those rare cases when I don't drink water and get like super constipated (pebbly). Which is every 4 - 6 months. It's weird.
Mae
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Aliaa » 22 Oct 2016, 13:09

I will recommend you to have an appointment and check out. I developed a fissure 4 years ago. Meaning that I felt that glass like feeling. I didnot know then that is a fissure cuz my family have always experienced constipation and nothing really developed. Their lives go on. I thought it is the same with me, so I ignored it. Surely it was painful when I get to wash after the BM but I could still walk and sit but not for long period of time. After a while, I stopped feeling the pain and thought it is over. A year after that I developed a pain in the tailbone area, though no lumps or boils there, so it is not a beginning of a fistula. And my mum bought me a donut cushion thinking that it is a temporary problem since I get to sit down a lot when studying, and so surely my butt hurts a bit and that's all. She was wrong. I hoped I would have gone to a crs to check my bottom. The old fissure was still there but it has closed with a hard tight, causing the pain to be felt in the tailbone area. I know it is such a weird story and I havenot seen anyone here experienced it but honestly speaking that what happened to me. 3 months ago, I develpoed another fissure added to the old one cuz I havenot drink water well for a while and stopped my daily salad dish due to my traveling. And BUM, it kicks out. So my dr told me I have two very chronic fissures and the surgery is not optional, it is a must or otherwise I would develop an anal fistula. Long story short, don't ignore it. And get constant appointments. Try changing the crs cuz some are real idiots and ignorant ppl. I don't mean to frighten you, just telling you you may catch up faster than me and not suffering the same I suffered
Aliaa
Salt Bather

Postby Mae » 22 Oct 2016, 14:09

Oh my. I'm really sorry about that. So you went a long time without pain but the fissure was still there? And what do you mean by "it has closed with a hard tight"?
Mae
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Aliaa » 22 Oct 2016, 14:25

I am not sure exactly but this is what I got from my dr. The new fissure was still fresh. The old has been healed on its own but since I have not "baby" it when it started years ago, meaning, I have not applied on any ointments or clean it more attentively using any antiseptic (killing any microbs) to the area, just left it on its own, the area has been healed but it was unclean. So the healed part was unhealthy, was dirty bec of the passing stool through a fissure. So it ends up a healed fissure which becomes too tight and not clean. I hope I am clear enough, I am barely getting it myself if I am honest with you. So he had to apply the surgery on both fissures, one is fresh and the other is tightened and dirty. I think he has done a cut down there but I also smelled a burning smell during the process cuz I was half-bodily numbed. So I am still aware of what was going on. I asked here in the forum what the burning is and someone told me, some drs apply it to weaken the muscle so it doesn't cause spasms.
But I wanted to ask you, what exactly is a skin tag?!! And how to feel it?! I get to read words like fissure pain, incision pain, skin tag pain. And I am really confused, don't know the difference between all these.
Aliaa
Salt Bather

Postby Aliaa » 22 Oct 2016, 14:30

Concerning the water problem. I tell you I drink a warm glass of water sweetened with honey on an empty stomach once i am awake. I wait for half an hour to an hour before eating anything (this is important). The water wakes up your stomach and the honey smooths down stools in the intestine. Then I drink a glass of milk with dipped dates, very yummy. Then I drink another glass of water. You may feel you wanna pee cuz of all the liquids you took in. Then I prepare my breakfast. After a while I drink more water. Try to drink water before and after every meal. This way you won't forget your daily water. Very importantly, don't take the water all in one gulp. Sip the glass bit my bit. So your stomach won't be put in a shock with all the water coming into it. Starting a day with water is really important rather than eating right away.
Aliaa
Salt Bather

Postby Mae » 22 Oct 2016, 15:32

Thank you,that's a good idea. I drink coffee every morning and a full glass of water with my fiber supplements. I used to take a lot of fiber but I don't take as much anymore because my stool was actually getting *too* soft.

As for skin tags, I know some people here say that their skin tags are painful, but mine are not so I don't really know what to say about that. Mine is just a flap of skin. Some people say that theirs hurts or itches. I think maybe the way to tell the difference is that fissure pain is deeper and skin tag pain feels more like on the surface like a skin irritation. But I could be wrong.
Mae
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Aliaa » 22 Oct 2016, 15:39

Ohh!! It is exactly where i feel the stigy feeling, the on the surface. As if i wanna scratch it as if it cruchesh and need to be smoothen out. Lol sorry for the weird description, it is just my feeling. Any ideas for oinments or anything to lighten it?! Is it serious if u have any idea?!
Aliaa
Salt Bather