New toilet seat heals posterior fissures

Found a good website that has some really handy information?  Post your links here...

Return to References, Websites, Facts...

Re: New toilet seat heals posterior fissures

Postby Fissurefrustration » 24 Apr 2015, 11:13

I'm thinking of ordering this... anyone else tried it?
Suffering since June 2013

Methods tried:
GTN cream - migraines!
Manuka Honey / Coconut oil / Aloe
tag excision X 2, botox x 3
Dilatiazem
dilatation 2 X daily + Retin-C Vitamin Scar Treatment Oil 2 X daily - best thing ever.
Now pain free 2/7/21
Fissurefrustration

Topics: 56

Postby JHH » 27 Apr 2015, 10:22

- Fissure developed in Jan '13
- Started rectogesic in Feb '13 and diltiazem Apr '13.
- Got botox Jun '13
- Healed by Okt '13, although I still had some irritation for about a year.
- New fissure April '22, healed June 2022
- New fissure 24. December 2023
JHH

Topics: 16

Postby Fissurefrustration » 24 May 2015, 10:50

just a quick update - I've had this for a few weeks now and I just can't get on with it. I feel it puts too much pressure down there and I cant gauge how big the stool is so it can do more damage. might get better in time but for now I think I will be having a break
Suffering since June 2013

Methods tried:
GTN cream - migraines!
Manuka Honey / Coconut oil / Aloe
tag excision X 2, botox x 3
Dilatiazem
dilatation 2 X daily + Retin-C Vitamin Scar Treatment Oil 2 X daily - best thing ever.
Now pain free 2/7/21
Fissurefrustration

Topics: 56

Postby Scientist2516 » 26 May 2015, 12:00

What a pity. Taking a break sounds like a good idea. Maybe you are sitting too far back though?
Nifedipine/lidocaine, no help
Diltiazem, effective, but caused major rash
Nitroglycerine, effective.
Topical estrogen for final healing.
Gentle heat to bottom - pain relief, muscle relaxant
Kondremul mineral oil
Time - lots of time.
Status - Healed!
Scientist2516

Topics: 16

Postby RumBum » 22 Feb 2017, 19:44

Here's a link to a quick visual of what one's anal passage looks like with and without this support method:

http://colorec.com.au/what-is-hps/
RumBum
Fibre Addict

Topics: 7

Postby Mypoorbutt » 23 Feb 2017, 16:17

Very interesting I have a posterior fissure but it's caused by diarrhoea....wonder if the same theory would apply
Mypoorbutt

Topics: 20

Postby RumBum » 23 Feb 2017, 19:43

Mypoorbutt wrote:Very interesting I have a posterior fissure but it's caused by diarrhoea....wonder if the same theory would apply

Great question. I wonder how relevant the cause of the fissure is to determining whether the treatment would benefit you. If the fissure is low, near the opening, and a goal of your therapies (dietary and otherwise) is to prevent overstretching and re-tearing in that area, and the kind of BMs you're having run that risk, then it would seem this method of taking pressure off that area and re-directing the stool to the anterior region would be beneficial. But this line of reasoning may underestimate the role that etiology (cause) plays in determining effective prevention of further damage to the area.

Another question is whether the support method would be beneficial for someone with multiple fissures where the other fissures aren't posterior.
RumBum
Fibre Addict

Topics: 7

Postby Hopefull123 » 23 Jan 2018, 20:53

I thought i' d bump this topic to the top so new people can check it out
I found this very interesting
Please read the entire thread, it may be helpful. I tried this morning squeezing my but cheeks from the back and push a little towards the anus. My burning afterwards was very little. I haven't had any pain and bleeding for two weeks because of my diet but I still get pain and burning for 15 min after BM. This started happening after I used 0.4 % nitro . I stopped it since then but it did some damage either on the skin that made spasming worse. Hopefully by applying this technique with my hand and pressing on the anal canal during BM it prevents it from opening too much and subsequently triggering spasming. Until the fissure fully heals unfortunately anal stretching causes muscle spasms, and if they spasm no blood flow to heal the fissure. It's a vicious cycle.
Hopefull123
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 11

Postby hbreen81 » 28 Feb 2018, 09:21

Hi!

I know this is an old thread but I was interested in finding this toilet seat to order. I see the links originally posted don't work anymore. I found this one link to a company in australia who makes the seat. http://colorec.com.au/what-is-hps/

I tried to email them yesterday to get some more info but they haven't responded yet. I have been suffering for 2 years on and off and am at the point where my doctor wants to do a fissurectomy and botox next week. I feel like something so simple as this seat could help me though since mine is in the posterior position. It seems like my biggest problem is the pressure to that area. I eat extremely healthy and take tons of supplements and do all the right things.

let me know if you have any ideas or someone knows how to buy this seat somewhere else.

thanks!
hbreen81

Postby Hopefull123 » 28 Feb 2018, 21:06

I m not sure where to by the seat, but you can simply squeeze your cheeks in the back and push a little inward while having a BM, it's the same principle. However, 2 years is a long time and the edges of the wound become hard, scar tissue builds up preventing healing or even if it heals a little, it s still very weak because of these reasons. I would recommend the fosurectomy so he can catherize the wound, clean the edges, so new tissue is encouraged yo grow and seal the wound properly. But this needs to be accompanied with proper healing of the muscles themselves. Botox is an option, but make sure during healing not yo take too much laxatives or softeners, because the acid if loose stools only makes the wound worse
In addition, if the stool is not bulky enough, your muscles will never get used to being stretched again. Take psyllium husk, as this type of fiber prevents hardness, but at the same time bills up the stool to stretch gently the muscles. Also if the fissure heals while being stretched gently, the skin will become more stretchi and flexible there.
Hopefull123
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 11