Change request and bug track

Submit your concerns regarding new functionality or bugs here

We would love to hear your comments, and any suggestions you might have for the Forum. Feel free to tell us what you think!!

Return to Comments, Suggestions and Ideas

Change request and bug track

Postby pinpin » 19 Sep 2013, 07:57

Hello,

As we recently migrated to new place, there might be gaps and bugs. Please feel free to express your opinion and suggestions.
07.02.2013 - got open hemorrhoidectomy, leaded to slow healing wound. Link to story
11.12.2013 - LIS surgery
pinpin
Administrator

Topics: 42
Mood: Good

Re: Change request and bug track

Postby Deleted User 2950 » 20 Sep 2013, 11:19

Hi Igrik

*****Guys lets once again thank igrik for his tireless efforts to bring us smoothly over here to our new board with minimal downtime to boot (get it ;) ). His efforts along with the rest of "The Team" are very much appreciated. Though they worked tirelessly they would greatly love to hear on what we think would make for a better more comfortable feel hear. The more "eyes and ears" they have will help us to catch what may need to be caught, sort of speak.****

So; Great Job igrik. Here are some things I feel may be helpful for a better navigation experience and overall feel here.

1. The "jump to" drop down list seem to only be at the top on each thread page but not on the first pages on the top menu list ( except for the "Home" and "Search" link which pretty much have them in a different flavor). I seemed to have had a much better navigation experience when I was able to jump from any page when the list was at the top, instead of the bottom---(anyone else?? now is the time to chime in).

2. The "you are now logged on/off" splash screeen, which takes a good second, is there a possibility to forego this screen as just like on the old site we are fully made aware that we are logged on/off successfully by the log off link at top off page right after we log on and the log on link that appears right after we log off. I understand this may be a part of the package though, but it may give us some extra bandwidth to work with.

Also I know you guys are working on some background themes that was similar to the bright colors of old site and I will try to give you guys a hand playing around with my different DTP programs, I'll probably mail you what I came up with in the near future.

Thanks again...
Deleted User 2950

Postby Scientist2516 » 20 Sep 2013, 11:50

I just want to say "thank you' Igrik and the team. What would I do without this forum? Shudder.
Thanks for keeping it going.
Nifedipine/lidocaine, no help
Diltiazem, effective, but caused major rash
Nitroglycerine, effective.
Topical estrogen for final healing.
Gentle heat to bottom - pain relief, muscle relaxant
Kondremul mineral oil
Time - lots of time.
Status - Healed!
Scientist2516

Topics: 16

Postby pinpin » 20 Sep 2013, 11:51

Hello,

Thank you for support and appreciation.

1. If I correctly understood you want o get Jump to section on Home page also? And on Search? Is is doable to implement.
2. It will be a bit more complex thing, but I will look at the possibilities.
07.02.2013 - got open hemorrhoidectomy, leaded to slow healing wound. Link to story
11.12.2013 - LIS surgery
pinpin
Administrator

Postby Deleted User 2950 » 20 Sep 2013, 12:03

Was that a bug I saw!!

Igrik when I just recently logged off I saw one splash screen say, "you have not succesfully logged off as one or more of your sessions or something was not completed.

Sure enough I had another browser with me logged on to this site so I closed it and then it told me that I was successfully logged of.

Only problem, I actually had another "session" or browser window open that showed I was still logged on via the log off link at top. Sure enough when I logged off from it the second time, it again told me I was successfully logged off. So again the only sure way I knew I was logged off was by the logon link at top of page. I'll try it some more.....
Last edited by Deleted User 2950 on 20 Sep 2013, 12:12, edited 1 time in total.
Deleted User 2950

Postby Deleted User 2950 » 20 Sep 2013, 12:10

Igrik asked

1. If I correctly understood you want [to] get Jump to section on Home page also? And on Search? Is is doable to implement.

Thanks for asking igrik. No, its those two pages (The "Home and "Search") that really do not need the "jump to" list in them. Because the Home page has the jump to contents right there, and the Search page has that same list just a tad scrolled down from top.

Thanks for considering on whatever you decide whats best.....
Deleted User 2950

Postby pinpin » 20 Sep 2013, 12:39

Scientist2516 wrote:I just want to say "thank you' Igrik and the team. What would I do without this forum? Shudder.
Thanks for keeping it going.

Btw, there is now new functionality to make Thanks! :)
11.12.2013 - LIS surgery
pinpin
Administrator

Postby pinpin » 20 Sep 2013, 12:46

I will just record list for myself

Current TODO
1. Eliminate additional Log off splash screen
2. Add more nice picture for post content
3. Fix styles in "Who was here?" section on the bottom of the page.
4. Add Jump To section, to all other menu items except Search and Home.
11.12.2013 - LIS surgery
pinpin
Administrator

Postby Deleted User 2950 » 21 Sep 2013, 11:49

Hey igrik I see your online, I have a site theme and background theme idea I want to send you.
Its in html webpage form. Its in a folder only 272kb with just 13 files.

PM me.
Deleted User 2950

Postby Scientist2516 » 21 Sep 2013, 12:54

How about having
View unanswered posts • View unread posts • View new posts • View active topics
on every page so you don't have to keep going back to the home page.
Nifedipine/lidocaine, no help
Diltiazem, effective, but caused major rash
Nitroglycerine, effective.
Topical estrogen for final healing.
Gentle heat to bottom - pain relief, muscle relaxant
Kondremul mineral oil
Time - lots of time.
Status - Healed!
Scientist2516

Topics: 16